Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday already

Lots of things today...

Sydney has her "Little Wonders" camp at St. Mary Magdalene this week Mon, Wed, Fri. Yesterday the girls had dance and Sydney did much better. Last week she acted like the teacher had 2 heads. She's been asking a lot about when she gets to go back to gymnastics. I think I'll sign her back up in September. She has a little 3 day soccer camp I signed her up for at the community center in August and I want her to try that and see if she likes it. And I don't like doing more than 1 activity at a time! Too much to handle!
She's currently driving me insane because she is such a manipulator and thinks she can talk her way into/out of anything. Then she gets flaming mad when it doesn't work. Really, you'd think we let her get away with murder! I can actually tell a difference in her behavior since she got out of preschool for the year. This might sound dumb, our rules haven't changed, but I just think she thrived on the structure that school provides. She loved her teachers who were right on top of things and knew her so well. Our base elementary and middle schools are year round so unless something changes the girls will go to year round school until high school! And I think I'm going to LOVE IT! No more having them out of school for 3 months! Just 3 weeks at a time. Who really needs more than that? Just some time to refresh. And I'm not saying that to get them out of the house:) I think it's good for your brain!
I think Mollie is turning into a lefty! She's been wavering still, but we've been watching her closely and she is starting to favor her left hand more than her right. Sydney is a lefty! Phil and I are both right handed so we think this is very interesting.
We went to the pool again on Monday afternoon and they are loving it. I think Sydney will be swimming by herself by the end of the summer. She'll let go of the side and stick her head under and wave her arms and legs around, but doesn't yet have the confidence to go very far. She finally realized that if she wears her swimmies on her arms she can go wherever she wants. Mollie likes to jump off the side of the pool and have someone catch her, can now swim around in her floatie without having someone hold her, blows bubbles, and kicks really well.
Next summer when Mollie is 3 a whole new group of activities will open up to her. She and Sydney can take swimming lessons at the same time, and they can both go to the little camps and stuff. It makes me sad that she is getting older b/c she was such a "baby" baby. All snuggly and needy and sweet. She still is, but it seems like when she turned 2 she went to big girl overnight! It's nice though when we realize how much more flexibility we have with our schedules.
On our little weekend trip Phil and I decided to get more motivated about planning fun family things. I think Saturday we're going to go to the Science museum downtown, Sunday we're going to go to the zoo, and next Thursday on the way to the lake we're going to go to Tweetsie Railroad!!! Then on the way to the beach the next week we're going to try to go to the aquarium at Fort Fisher then ride the ferry to Southport and drive from there to the beach house. We'll see how many of those activities really pan out, heehee...
We have a zoo membership which gets you into all the aquariums in NC also so we're going to try to take advantage for our $$. It's really a very good deal. If you plan to go to the zoo and/or an aquarium even twice it makes it worth it to get the family membership!

0 comments: