Sunday, April 6, 2008

What a nice weekend

Before it warmed up on Friday...


A beach tradition...powdered donuts...
Chase says hi!:)

And these girls were GOOD! They deserve a special treat:) We were really trying to get a lot done this weekend to really make it ready to be rented and they did a good job playing around and making a quick trip to the beach each day. Thank goodness Gramma and Grandpa came b/c they did a lot of occupying the girls. Today the weather was absolutely beautiful, but it was really crunch time to get the last minute stuff/cleaning done. They still got to play outside a good bit though. And you know, they do a really good job staying away from the water. I'm sure it's from being at the lake we go to also, but they're really learning to respect water which is what we've been trying to acheive. I mean, we watch them like a hawk when we're down below the house! But maybe one day we won't have to as much as they get a little older. Or they can just run around with life jackets on like they do at the lake.

Anyway! Mollie was probably the biggest hoot of the weekend. She's always been a great sleeper, and still mostly is, but this weekend she started getting out of her bed after we put her down. For naps and bed. She's never done that since we put her in her big bed. The funniest thing is though that she would slightly crack the door so slowly and then peer around the side. And when you see her she'd smile and laugh like that was her goal--to be so cute and sneaky. She figured out last night that she could go through the bathroom and come out in the other room and sneak out that side which was less visible to people trying to watch basketball! We finally got her to stay there after like 3-4 tries, and without crying. So it was a bit bothersome, but so cute, haha. And she was all about Gramma doing everything for her. Like changing her diaper, helping her do things, sitting/laying on her at dinner. Very sweet. Sydney was very excited to be at the beach and mostly played with baby Janet and Chase. She just seems so big all the sudden! She did not take a nap yesterday and she sacked out on the couch at like 5:30. I let her sleep for a while, but it took forever to wake her up! Finally about 6:45 I think I got her awake and to eat dinner. I just didn't want her up until 11!

I think tomorrow I'm going to take them to Jumpin Beans for the morning to work off some energy and as a special treat!



1 comments:

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

Chase is adorable!! And your girls look like they had a blast! Hope you had a good weekend even though it was busy.