Monday, April 21, 2008

MR. AL!


Today was a day we had been waiting for for a few months. Our Mr. Al concert! I have a few of his CD's and had been to 3 Mr. Al concerts on field trips when I was student teaching/teaching K, and had kind of been on the look out for him to come back to Raleigh again. When I checked in the Fall I couldn't find any dates. Then some time in Feb. my Mom mentioned that he was coming to NC! So I organized a group of 31 of us (moms and kids) to go see him this morning! It took me 45 min. to get downtown from my house, haha. Traffic was a bear with all the construction downtown. But everyone did a great job all getting there around the same time and we all got in just fine and got great seats. The interesting thing was that they sent me one ticket that said 31 tickets instead of 31 tickets. So we all had to be together to come in. But they were only $5! We paid $7 to park and $5 per ticket if that makes any sense. Anyway, I'm too long winded, sorry.

We had a great time! Mollie LOVED IT so much I can't even describe it. She was so excited to go in and then she stood in my lap much of the time and danced and sang the songs she knew. Sydney is a little more reserved about things like that, but was so happy to hear songs that she knew and sit next to Matthew:)

0 comments: