
She frequently chooses brown or black...can you draw sun people and go "goth" at the same time? Oh and don't worry, she's not officially a lefty like Sydney. She still switches back and forth. And actually did the right side with her right hand.
Today the girls had preschool, I met my aunt and uncle (Laura's parents) at Panera for breakfast at 10. They are wonderful. We're going to ALL get together Sat. night, but I wanted to see them before then. They got in yesterday from CO.
Then I got the girls and we met Kim and Joshua for ice cream since we couldn't seem to connect for lunch at dinner since they got back from Mexico. Joshua brought the girls some maracas. Mollie calls it her "shaca". She then slept with it and held it until we left for Chickfila with Eliza and her mom LeAnne. Eliza is in Mollie's class. We realized we both would be husbandless tonight so we made some plans. The play area was NUTS b/c it was an elem. school fund raising night so we let the kids play at Kid to Kid (the little door store, kids consignment). It was fun, Mollie and Eliza look very much alike, have birthdays like 2 days apart, and communicate on about the same level. So it's very cute to watch. Their teachers told us the play a lot at school so that we should make sure we keep up with them over the summer!
The girls got baths and went to bed. Sydney did not nap again today. It's been hit or miss lately. It's very sad, but she's not that cranky. Tonight she was, but usually it's not a disaster for her. So I guess it's the beginning of the end. I know I'm lucky it lasted this long. But I was hoping it would end the day before she started Kindergarten! Seriously. And she's going to have to start going to bed at 7:30 if she doesn't nap. And during the summer that just plain sucks. But she is always up by 7 and that's not enough sleep.
OH, this is funny. Sydney has been concerned that someone is going to come in our house while we're gone. At first I was all worried and wondered how she knew about break-ins and stuff, haha. But then I realized that it's Goldilocks! Goldilocks goes into the bears' house when they're not home and she was simply wondering if that was going to happen at our house? Was she going to sleep in her bed? Why is she out wandering alone anyway? Legitimate questions. She's just growing up so fast. I don't really look forward to the teen years. Since I get a glimpse at it daily when she says things like "yes, I do make the rules"and "Um, I don't really feel like it". I really treasure the times that she does let me snuggle her and hug her. She usually says, "no thank you, maybe later".
And today Mollie said something that was funny, but didn't really understand what she was talking about, I don't remember what it was. I was trying to put on her shoes and jacket and was snickering. She said "what did you say Mommy?" I said, "nothing Mollie, it was just kind of funny." She said, "Actually, it's not funny" and made a fake serious, frowny face then eventually started laughing! Ugh!
On a personal note, I will be so glad when the pollen goes away. Not to be a complainer, but this has been the worst allergy season for me in at least 5 years. I am miserable. Those who have seen or spoken to me will agree: it's a good thing I'm not trying to pick up men. If they could get past my red, swollen left eye, haha, once they heard me talk it would be over. OVER. Unless it's the end of the day then they wouldn't hear it at all...!
0 comments:
Post a Comment