I got a new stroller:) Again. But it's used! I got it on Craigslist. A Sit and Stand
http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Sit%252d%2591n%252dStand-Stroller-Parent/dp/B000IHVHH0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1208894025&sr=8-2
I sold our Graco Duoglider that I got before Mollie was born. Got $70 for it and bought the Sit and Stand for...$70! I wish I had gotten one like a year ago when I first thought about it, but I thought surely Sydney would grow out of it. Uh, no, still likes to ride. But she does like to hop in and out. So the Sit and Stand model *should* be perfect for her. I certainly didn't want to buy a new one at this point in the game though. And as much as I did love the Duoglider, it was pretty darn heavy! The side by side did not quite work for these 2 handsy girls.
Here is my stroller-roll:
1. started out with my Graco travel system, the stroller and car seat combo. I sold that last year at a yard sale.
2. had the cheap Babiesrus umbrella stroller. Well, Phil's 6'1". He was always hunching over, it had no basket for stuff, and was well, cheap. Sold that on Craigslist.
3. Got a single jogging stroller (don't mean to confuse you, I don't run) on ebay that I hated so I sold that for $10 less than I paid for it and got a new one at BRU. Still have it.
4. My mother in law gave me some $$ to put toward a double stroller and I knew I wanted one that would fit the car seat so I got the Graco Duoglider LXI, really nice, black so it would match my car seat b/c I care about those things, etc. I think it was like $170. Now it's gone:)
5. got a MacLaren double umbrella stroller at a consignment sale for $60. I thought they might enjoy that for less formal trips and when we didn't need the car seat anymore. The girls could not handle being next to each other. Even the 4 or 5 mo. old Mollie. She would accidentally touch Sydney and Sydney would hit her. We were forseeing a problem. So I sold it on Craigslist for $90. See? I made some $$ on it.
By this time Phil is getting a little annoyed with me:)
6. I got a Chicco C6 umbrella stroller that is by far the best one I've had. That was when Mollie was about 7-8 months old. Still use it quite often.
7. Now my Sit and Stand! Phil really didn't mind since he's the one always pushing them and I didn't lose any money this time.
From what I hear this is a common problem:) Don't laugh too hard!
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment