Tuesday, July 15, 2008

we're back, I'm just slack

I spent yesterday like a knot on a log. Sat. evening and Sunday we cleaned up, did some laundry, etc. Yesterday I read almost a whole book (that I had started the night before and finally finished about 9pm last night). I did go to the gym b/c I had not been in 2 weeks. Other than that I sat around and read my book and prayed that my children would occupy themselves. I just wanted to be lazy. I made sure their needs were met and we finally played outside after dinner. It was rainy yesterday morning and so that was my excuse;)
But I did feel quite guilty. Today I am trying to make up for the laundry and organizing and playing and such. We went to the pool this morning and out for ice cream at this yummy Pelican's place with friends Kim and Joshua and Jessica and her 3 girlies Caitlin, Camryn, and Cassidy. It was great and we'll be going back next Tuesday. I learned the difference b/w a snow cone and a New Orleans snow ball. I'll be getting a snow ball again! Either that or the 3 Musketeer or Peppermint Patty ice cream...

Sydney did great at the pool this morning! She can swim 3-4 feet unassisted before freaking out now. And Mollie goes around in her floatie like she's a professional. I'm thinking maybe next year I can actually touch a lounge chair again for the first time in a while.
Sydney needs to go back to preschool. She is getting ultra-sassy. I told her that she can tell me how she feels and what she wants, but she may not tell me what to do. And Mollie ended up having a time out this morning b/c after I put Sydney in time out she ran up to me and used her "mean words" and said "mommy, you do not put Sydney in time out ever, ever again". She really likes to use "never, ever" and "never again". She likes to experiment with words, haha. I'll try to look at that as a good thing.

I love these girls. They are so funny and smart and do and say the most creative things. But man, they wear me out! Really, I asked mom this morning how she ever got the 4 of us to the pool with sunscreen on. Did she even bother putting it on? I know we went to the pool and the beach often. It took almost as much time to get ready for the pool as we spent there!

0 comments: