Thursday, July 31, 2008

6 degrees of separation

So I've been thinking that being a mom in the Cary/Apex area is like the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon :) I'm sure some of my mom friends out there can relate to this. You see people places all the time that you know from somewhere else. You may not really "know" them, but enough to smile or give a little wave or say hello. It's like, "oh, I know her from story time", or "they go to Sydney's preschool", or "they were at so and so's birthday party". Or "she goes to my gym and her daughter is in Sydney's dance class, and I've seen her at story time, and Target, and she went to Meredith, and she used to teach at so and so school, and she was in my workshop at blah, blah, blah and she was in my Master's program...but I don't really "know" her, haha.

Last week I re-ran into a lady who was at my friend Dawn's baby shower that we had here. In the Chickfila bathroom. The next day we went to the YMCA pool with some friends and there she was again. And it turned out that she knows my friend Kirsten who I was there with! Weird.

There is a little girl who was in Sydney's dance class last summer who I used to run into around town. She ended up being out waitress at Angus Barn one night on my birthday. The girl was in Sydney's camp at St. MM last week and is now in her dance class again. So her mom and I finally talked:)

Another girl, Juley and I ran into each other about a year ago at a coffee shop/kids show. She graduated from Meredith the year before me and was a teacher. I kept running into her and realized that she goes to my friend Dawn's church and she lives right around the corner from me, haha. Her daughter in Sydney's dance class this time too!

Tuesday night Phil and I got last minute e-plus tickets to the Counting Crows and Maroon 5 concert. We were in the parking lot hanging out before the main show and I saw a couple that I went to high school with walk through the parking lot and they still live in Mocksville. I was like, weird, but okay. Well, they were sitting in our box! There are 6 seats and it was us, James and Michele and then them! It was crazy! Apparently that guy works for a company in W-S that is a client of one of Phil's coworkers. They just got the tickets that day and came up. So we hung out for a while during the concert. Luckily they were people I knew and liked. So, anyway, not a mom-thing, but small world.

0 comments: