Wednesday, July 23, 2008

sweet baby Mollie

So here's my little Mollie update. I think I'll call her sweet and sour these days, haha. She can be so darn funny and lovey and snuggly, then turn on me and say "no!" and hit and kick and pitch some really good fits. A good thing though is that they are generally short lived. She's pretty easily distracted. If she won't listen when it's time to go somewhere/leave a place and she sees me walking toward her she says "no! don't get me!" And will run like I'm a stalker or beat her regularly. But then once we get to the car she'll be fine. And a lot of times she says, "mommy, I'm happy now, are you happy?". It's funny. She now rarely wears clothes in the house. It's mostly dress up clothes. Cinderella, Snow White, Barbie cheerleader, wedding dress, general fairy attire, or apron with note pad and pen taking my order. Sydney loves to be a waitress as well. And Mollie is obsessed with the computer now. She wants to play on it all the time. I had to make a stop sign to hang on it when it's not computer time. She yells about this regularly too and will just take the sign down.

A really interesting thing about Mollie is that I think she's just started dreaming. I don't remember Sydney ever alluding to the fact that she has had a dream. One night Mollie woke up screaming for me. I ran up there and when I picked her up she said that she fell in the ocean and the shark bit her. She went right back to sleep. The next day after her nap when I went to get her she said, "okay Mommy, let's talk about Planet Child". And this was not on a Planet Child day and we had not been talking about it. Then she told me about how she dressed up there and who she played with and what she did. A couple days ago she had only been down for her nap for a little less than an hour and a half. She usually sleeps about 3 hours. She told me that the big mouse was running in the tunnel and then jumped on her bed and it was jumping and she was laughing so hard! She said, so I had to jump too and it was so silly. I asked her if it woke her up when the mouse was jumping and she said yes. It's crazy. She told Mom a big story today also when she got her up from her nap. Something that made no sense.

Oh, and the girls have been telling each other "I'm not going to be your sister anymore" when they get mad at each other. I'm not sure where they learn things like this. Yes, it's hilarious. I laugh inwardly at them all the time (especially when Mollie has to leave the dinner table to go back to her "CAstle", aka the playroom), but I have to explain to them that they will always be sisters. They don't have a choice.

0 comments: