Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

Why is it wonderful?
Because I got so much done again while the girls were at preschool.
Including a nice lunch at Panera with Jennifer and Chris before we picked up all of our kids from school! Well, I got all of my must-do's done, but not my extras because I spent too much time in AC Moore:)
Tonight we are having dinner with my cousin Laura and Zach and Chloe who we haven't seen in a few months! And she just lives in Cary, haha. So we're looking forward to that.

But back to the girls who this is really suppose to be about:
The other day Mollie told me that she was a butterfly, she was pretending to fly around. Then she looked back at me and said all knowingly, "and I just came out of my cocoon". And she kept on going like, duh, leave me alone.
Sydney picked out a cute ballerina style dress at Kid to Kid yesterday for Halloween. Mollie is going to be Cinderella ballerina (a costume I found on ebay), so now they'll sort of coordinate. And Sydney's dress is a little big so it will make a wonderful dress up outfit for years to come!

I had a conference Monday with Sydney's teachers. Nothing major, just wanted to get in there and get to know them and the classroom routine better since I had such an uncomfortable feeling in the beginning. Well, Sydney likes them and is doing well so we'll just leave it at that. I'm going to volunteer on the 17th. I'll probably turn into that annoying parent, which I've never been before, but I think this year it will be necessary:) They just treated me like I was dumb and the things we said to each other were like 2 ships passing in the night and I am not an idiot. I understand curriculum. I am not worried about her being prepared for school. I wanted to call to their attention some issues with her staying on task that her teachers last year seemed to be so concerned about. Thought that might be helpful, and I'm glad she's fine, VERY glad. I just want Sydney to be successful and instead of appreciating that they were like, oh, she's fine, and acted like I had never had a child in an organized situation before, haha. Somewhat comical, yet annoying. I didn't bring up the fact that I taught Kindergarten and that this was her 3rd year at St. Andrews until later on, but they still didn't get why I was there I think. Or that I know how preschool works.
Guess I didn't just leave it at that, sorry:)

Anyway, I've kind of been missing working lately. Not that I want to go back right now with the girls at home. But I also go through periods where I think if I never had to work again all would be just peachy! I would make a great personal shopper for someone. But I am reassured to know that I think I'll go back to teaching. I miss it. I could tutor on the side, but I'm not THAT motivated yet:)

0 comments: