Saturday, September 6, 2008

date night

Well, we had a date night scheduled for last night with Gramma watching the girls. We had planned to take the convertible out since we haven't been out in it yet together other than my "driving practice". Well, the tropical storm messed up that plan so we just took the Acura. Bummer. I'm sure there will be time.
Anyway, so Phil was saying that he had a surprise for me before we went to dinner at Peak City Grill (yum). I had no clue what it was that we could be doing that you wouldn't have to make an appt. for and that wouldn't take very long. Well we drove over to Beaver Creek and I was like, is the Dollar Tree open? (because that would be great) Are we getting a new mattress, haha? (don't need one). I knew we wouldn't be getting dessert right before dinner and it's not like Phil would be taking me to Old Navy or Homegoods shopping or anything.
So we turned by Cancun Grill and I said, are we going to the AT&T store? Am I getting an i-phone? And he said yes. And me too. So, not like it was a huge special thing for just me, but who cares. He got a bonus gift card thing from work and we were talking about getting them, but we thought I was still under contract until Oct. and would maybe do it for Christmas. I guess he looked up my contract and it was 21 month, not 24 so I was eligible. So he used the gift card for our new phones. Also his company will stop supporting Blackberry next Dec. so in a year he would need a new phone so why not get it now? I really didn't think I'd ever want one, but Nancy has one and I'm really into the pictures and email and weather on the go and all that so I started to want one. Not like I was drooling or anything, but thought it would be neat. So now I have one! It's awesome.
And I sent an email from Peak City Grill while we were having dinner, haha. Just to do it. It was FAB!!!
OH, and dinner was great as usual. Then we went to see a movie that I will not even admit that we thought might be funny and I feel so bad that Phil actually consented to going and I can't get back that hour and a half of our lives....

2 comments:

Kim said...

You know you just want to have FB at your fingertips at all times:)

Kelly said...

LOL, that was the draw, JK