My sweet little Mollie is sick! An apparent stomach virus. I don't do throw up! Apparently I do now. We were on our way to a hair cut appt. this morning when I heard the awful noise. In the car. Turned right around and went home. Mollie didn't even cry. Guess who did? Sydney. Wanted to go to Heather's so, so bad.
So anyway, it's been a very long day. I started this earlier, but a lot has happened since then. She only threw up a few more times when I tried to get her to drink some water. She is very lethargic and tired. Finally about 2pm she started keeping small amounts of water and lemonade down and she ate some crackers and a popsicle.
I think before bed she was running a fever.
So after many phone calls, my near breakdown, etc. we decided to cancel our play group beach trip. All of my friends were VERY nice and said they didn't care either way, just to take care of Mollie. Chris and Jennifer came up with an alternate plan for shopping/hotel Saturday. So we'll see if this virus spreads to anyone else in my house and if Mollie gets better. Then I'll still *hopefully* get some time away.
But poor Mollie has laid on the couch all day, watching a ton of tv and movies (Cinderella twice), and taking several cat naps. We had some great snuggles and I was glad to be home with her. She needs her Mommy, and I made the right decision to stay here. But like I told my friend Kirsten, "It stinks to be a grown up when you want to do something fun!"
They're all moms, they all understood!
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment