So this morning Sydney was moving kind of slow still so we took it easy for a while. Mollie didn't, she was up at 6:10! We played around the house, I got some more cleaning done.
Then we left for our little adventure to the Farmer's Market. I knew that Sydney was not going to be 100% today, but wanted to do something to get us out of the house and not have physical contact with others quite yet:) Like kids her age.
Anyway, we went to the NC State book store to buy the much needed tatoos for the game tomorrow. The girls had a great time in that store and we got Sydney a cute new shirt. (and one for myself, shh...) Then our plan was to go to McDonalds (where we almost never go) because they have Wizard of Oz toys right now! The girls love Wizard of Oz! So we head over to the McD's on Western Blvd. close to campus. Uh, not there. Seriously, the golden arches were there...along with a large leveled lot of dirt. This is where I hung out in college and have obviously not been back on that side of town well, since I was getting my masters and went down that road twice a week. It really tripped Sydney out. She thought it was so freakin' funny that it was just simply not there. I think she thought I was crazy. They handled going to Wendy's just fine because I think they were a little stunned. And darn it if I had known McD's was not there I would have packed peanut butter sandwiches! But anyway...
We went to the Farmer's Market and had a picnic on the picnic tables there that all go downhill. Weird. It was such a beautiful day! We bought some little pumpkins and Indian corn and just kind of browsed. Sydney actually rode in the stroller and Mollie walked, haha. I found a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers for $5 so we got that. The nice man gave each of the girls a beautiful stem of stargazer lilies. Those are the flowers that my bridesmaids carried in my wedding! So I really like them, but back to that. It was their lucky day because we were almost to the car and a lady at an apple stand asked the girls if they would like an apple. She just gave them one! They did say thank you to all these people luckily and Mollie tore into hers right away. And I was glad becasue they don't usually like whole apples. She dropped it getting in the car so Sydney gave her hers like a good sister (and because she doesn't like them;) )
We went home, had naps, etc. and needed to get some groceries so we went to Super Target this afternoon. Mollie and Sydney put their new panties and undershirt tank tops (Sydney, you knew it) up on the conveyor first. The cashier was so nice and asked the girls who they belonged to and asked them if they wanted their very own bag and bagged their stuff first. They were so happy! People were so generous today it was so cool. I think they really felt special. So when we were leaving Sydney asked for an Icee so I got them one. I said, you know, it's your special day apparently. And she said please for a change.
Back to the lilies. I love the smell and think they're beautiful. And am apparently very allergic. I remember when my TA and friend Liz got this beautiful bouquet of flowers for V-Day one year and it had some in it. They were so strong. I remember getting this horrible head ache and couldn't breathe well and we had to take the whole bouquet out of the room! Poor Liz. Well this afternoon I started getting a bad head ache again (I've been working on my sinuses hard core this week with medications) and then my throat hurt and I was getting all stuffy. Phil took the flowers outside and now it's getting better hopefully. Guess we can't have those anymore!
And an update on McDonalds. Sydney was so interested that I googled it and they are building a new 4200 sq. foot McD's there this Fall. I'll have to take her back to see it when it's finished.
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment