Wednesday, September 10, 2008

the little princesses

Are doing great. Sydney is loving school. I should have known that I shouldn't have freaked out at her meet the teacher and should have just waited it out. While I still don't know her teachers at all, she seems to LOVE IT!! She comes home so happy and excited and actually tells me things she is learning! I think that's a good sign that she's learning this soon:)
When I was putting Sydney to bed just now she said, “what does the author do again? Write the words?” I said , “yes…”
She said, “and what is the person called who does the pictures?” I said, “the illustrator”. Then she said, “I also know the front of the book, the back of the book and the spine.”
Well, hot damn, this is the reading teacher's dream, haha.
To be working on concepts of print and book parts and the importance of literacy and hopefully how to treat books with reverence..already. Ahh...

When she gets out of school she is like, "where is Matthew???" Her class has pick up at the playground. Matthew's class is right across the hall from hers, but because the hall gets so congested they have one of the classes on that part of the hall pick up upstairs outside. Hers is. But the MMO is up there so I pick up Mollie then give her her lunch with Lindsay before we get Sydney. Well then Jennifer has to go get Matthew and we have to meet them so they can have their "freak out" play time after class. It's really like an obsession. At such an early age. But they're so freakin' cute!

I think we've decided to have the beautiful princess's 3rd b-day party in Dec. at Chick-fil-a...where you can have a princess theme:) I'm so excited.

Tomorrow evening I'm going back to the beach for a girls weekend with 4 other ladies from our Wed. Babysteps play group and I can't wait! It will be so much fun and relaxing. And thanks to Phil for not minding that I go down on Thursday evening instead of Friday! Yay!

0 comments: