Tuesday, May 27, 2008

pictures from the lake

Here is a shutterfly link to the new pics:)
Here are some highlights!



We had a really good time. I have to admit that I was not 100% excited about things like this because in the past the girls have gotten up at like 5:30 and woken up everyone in the camper...refused to sleep b/c they're so excited...stood at the door chanting water! water! over and over...you get the picture. It's definitely a good idea to get there and have at least one night there before anyone else is sleeping in the camper with us. And luckily our camper has 2 actual rooms that can be closed off. The back room as a set of bunks and a table and bench things that fold down to a twin bed. My father in law made some really nice rails for them so no one falls off off. Anyway, they did great! The only snafu was that Saturday night the 4 girls were up until 11:15!! But I just had to let go of my bedtime control issues and pray that they would sleep in in the morning. They were a little wound up:) But nope, 7am, ready to go. Sydney did nap there b/c she was so worn out. Today she didn't get up until 8am which never happens and took a nap today too!

They had the most fun fishing. We need to get Mollie her own pole. She actually had a few bites when she was using Sydney's pole. No one caught anything, but they just wanted to cast and reel in anyway. The girls did go swimming some, especially Olivia and Emma, my neices. It was colder than it usually is when we are there for Memorial Day!

So we ended up having a great time, the weather was nice, and it was evident that as the girls get older and more independent, it's going to get a little easier. And since I was either pregnant or breastfeeding from the summers of 2003-2006, haha, I hadn't been getting to go too far or enjoy very many water sports! It was much less stressful this time! I actually didn't bring a book with me and wished I had. I always do, but I brought 3 magazines instead thinking I wouldn't have time to read them, but during naps I was getting bored!

We'll go back July 4th week, Labor day weekend and hopefully one other time in there somewhere. We're going to squeeze in Tweetsie next time also!

1 comments:

Kim said...

Can't believe Watauga Lake is so low...Boone Lake where my mom lives is also still low. No one can get their boats out. I'm sure it made some people upset for their Memorial Day weekend!