Tuesday, May 13, 2008

lovely Tuesday

Today was a good day. I have a hard time waking up in the mornings though. The Zyrtec at night does me in:) The girls had a great day at school.
Mollie's teachers just love her and I love them. I always like to pick up a smiling girl! Luckily she will have them again next year b/c they're moving up to the 2's and all the kids in this class that are staying at St. Andrews get to go with them! Thursday is her class end of the year party even though their last day is a week from Thursday. I am one of the room parents so I've been getting ready for the party and teacher gifts together.
Sydney is doing better at school. She has been having trouble focusing. Yeah, she's 4, haha. I guess center time this year has been particularly difficult for her and they'd like to see her spending more time in each center and actually doing something rather than looking around the room and constantly asking when she can do something else. Only to go to something else and want to go to a different thing. If I didn't have an education background I would probably think it was BS, and I do think they're reacting a bit early, but it's something she needs to learn. They want her to be successful next year so that she'll be fine in kindergarten.
She gets a bit overstimulated in there I think and wants to do everything at once. So our plan has been to look at the chart they put out each day of what they're going to do and pick 2 "have to" centers. She always will go to Art first b/c that's her favorite, and well, apparently if they don't get that out of the way it's an issue, haha. Then she has to do her 2 "have to's" that she's involved in choosing. When she completes those she can move on. Her teachers said it's working pretty well. And she seems to remember more of what she's doing at school to relay it to me. Other than what kind of cups other kids had at lunch and who had a Hannah Montana shirt on.

After school the girls had nap/quiet time, Sydney got up and helped me make some brownies (already ate 4), and I had to wake Mollie up at 4. We played a little, watched a little Dora, and went to the gym. Phil's gone so then we had dinner with Kim and Joshua at Qdoba, yum. We of course had to visit the little door store (Kid to Kid, consignment store across the parking lot) after that. They were so cute. Sydney went to bed early since she was napless and Mollie finished her Dora episode then went to bed! Yay!

0 comments: