Monday, October 20, 2008

things that happened this weekend

Saturday the most absolutely nothing we've had in a long time! I didn't take off my pj's and shower until 2:30. By then Sydney had had on at least a dozen outfits. Phil showered at 4:30 when we were getting ready to go to Nancy's for dinner (I invited ourselves over). The girls hopped right in the bath with Chase and for about an hour Sydney was convinced she was spending the night. Until it came time to put the sheets on the bed and she said she thought she'd try another time:)
Chase got his first hair cut and it looks FREAKIN ADORABLE!!! I wish I had a picture. I forgot my camera.

Sunday I hosted a Southern Living at Home party and we had a few friends over (some who came for the party and then husbands joined and some who are football companions for Phil) for some dogs and brats. It was lots of fun. I got to hold baby Emmy for a long time and and Sydney and Mollie got to play with cousin Chloe and baby Brennan who is 3.5 but they still call him baby Brennan:)
Mollie did actually manage to eat a bite of her hot dog with her fork crown before someone caught her. I don't want to squash the extremely intelligent concept of a fork crown so I struggled with making her stop. But I did. What would it be next? The Mr. Potato hat for a spoon?

2 comments:

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

I want to see Chase's haircut! :) I can't believe he has enough hair to have one or that he would sit still for one? Cause he's only like a month older than Lily, right? Lily would definitely not go for that right now. If I try to get anywhere near her hair she freaks out!

Kelly said...

Nancy said he sat on her lap and squirmed some, but never made a peep. She thinks he was nervous. They said they rarely get girls that young!