Friday, October 17, 2008

Busy Bees

We have been pretty busy lately (maybe I always am and this time was also tired!) and I just haven't gotten to blog much!
Quick recap of our activities. Last Friday morning Mollie was invited to a princess tea party at her friend Eliza's house. She and her mom LeAnne are so much fun! Sydney spent the morning at her BFF Matthew's house and had a great time. They're so cute together and way dramatic about how much they like each other. It will be interesting to see how that continues over time.
Friday evening we drove to Elkin, NC to Phil's mom's house. It's about 2.5 hours away. Phil and I left Sat. morning for our wine trip with 3 other couples. Last year we explored our way around the Yadkin Valley wine country area and decided it would be fun to do it with more people (and a limo and a hotel room). So it was our anniversary trip and the girls stayed with their Nana who was so happy to have them. She was really tired when we got back Sunday though! It was the first time they had stayed there without us. But luckily arriving on Friday and not going to bed until 9:50 and waking up at 5:45am the next morning wore them out so they slept well the next day/night!

Monday morning I dropped the girls off and went to help my friend Dawn at the pediatrician with her twins for their 4 month appointment. It was fun. I love doing things like that. I should volunteer at Apex. Ped. for multiples visits, haha. Always get to hold a baby! And of course they were perfect!
I had signed up for a class through the NC Museum of History for teacher renewal credit back in August. The session was 6 weeks, started the first of Sept. and ended on Oct. 15th. It was 5 assignments and guess when I started? Monday afternoon;) Phil was gone Monday night so I had some time to work then and then every spare moment on Tuesday and Wed. and got it done with no problem.
Wednesday night Phil was gone again and my friend LeAnne's husband had a meeting so we went back over there and trashed her playroom for the 2nd time in a week! This time Sydney got to come and she and Eliza really enjoyed playing together! It's nice that the age difference doesn't mean much for any of them at this point. We did have a few locking door incidents and have been struggling with some "truth" issues lately with Sydney, but we had a great time playing and eating until bed time. LeAnne, the banana bread lasted about 12 hours. Maybe. :)

That brings us to yesterday. We had a home football game against Fl. St. last night at 7:30. Phil and I actually didn't have anyone riding with us for the first time in a while, maybe ever, so we took the convertible! It was so much fun riding to the game and through the traffic with the top down! Traffice was awful after the game though and we didn't get home until 12:30. Considering our babysitter came over at 4:30 she made a killing off of our pleasure!

This morning Sydney had school so Mollie and I went to Cary Town Center to take advantage of early voting. I'm so glad I did it. It took about 35 minutes, but she was a perfect angel. We had fun just goofing off at the mall after that since it was raining a little outside. We split a nugget meal at Chickfila and went to go meet Sydney at school. Sydney went home with a little girl in her class today for a play date which was pretty cool. But I had forgotten to write the teachers a note about it so we went to get her out of class and for me to just make sure she understood that she was going home with Ayden and that I would pick her up later. No problem there, she could have cared less about that! She was so excited!
That also means that while she is there and Mollie is napping it is totally quiet here...I think I actually just heard a bird chirp outside...

0 comments: