Friday, October 24, 2008

fall fun

There is so much to do around here! We are very lucky. What to choose, what to choose...


Yesterday our playgroup went to Kazoom, a puppet theater in downtown Raleigh. They do a different theme show every month and October is Halloween! They happen to be conveniently located a block from Mellow Mushroom, a yummy pizza place. We went to the 10am puppet show where they had costumes the kids could dress up in and it was so interactive and cool! I'd love to go back in November for Thankful month. They really enjoyed it. We went over to MM for lunch and my friend had reserved a semi-private area for us to sit and preordered cheese pizza. YUM! Sydney ate 3 pieces! This is our attempt at a picture of a bunch of 2-4 year olds on a stage, haha...

The girls were worn out and both fell asleep on the way back home, before 12:30 even! Somehow they both stayed asleep at home. Phil came home around 3:15 and then we left to go to the NC State Fair! Last year they didn't do any rides there, but after our July Tweetsie Railroad trip we knew they would be much more into it this year. You really could spend a small fortune at the fair. We even bought advance tickets and while it helped a tad, I didn't buy near enough ride tickets. I wasn't anticipating having to ride with Mollie on kiddie rides because she wasn't yet 36" or whatever it was. I hate spinning around and round. Oh, let me add that Phil actually wantd to go on, but they would have none of that. Mommy! Mommy! The swings weren't so bad, really fun actually. Tea cups, not so much. I hate that. I am even afraid of the Ferris Wheel in my old age. The one at Tweetsie killed me, haha. But this one had seats more shaped like buckets with 2 seats facing each other. So we all went on together. To the tune of 4 tickets each which are $1 each so $16 for a freakin' Ferris Wheel ride!!! The tickets were $1 at the fair, but when you get advance ones they are $10 for 18. Much better deal. But I only bought one book of them. Not enough.

We did let them do one fishing game where they were guaranteed a prize, they had chicken on a stick for dinner with fries and lemonade. That actually was pretty cool because it was like 4 huge nuggets on a stick, fries and a drink for $7. Well they let us split it and gave us 2 small drinks for the girls. Definitely enough food for them. Eat at the church sponsored booths! They're nice and so much less Carnie-like! Then they wanted ice cream. By this time it is really getting very cold. Face painting was $5 each so we finally made them choose between ice cream or face painting. They chose ice cream. Phil and I ended up not even eating there because we were so busy with the girls and were getting cold.

It was REALLY fun though with them. Next year we know to allow a lot more time and buy a lot more advance tickets and bring a lot more cash, haha. They were SO happy and had so much fun...I can't wait to go to Disney in January!!


We haven't even made it to a pumpkin farm, haven't been to the Farmer's Market to get our big carving pumpkin yet (hopefully Sunday), and are going to miss Boo at the Zoo. I have just learned that we can't do everything and there's always next year. I didn't get to do all this crap when I was little, haha.

0 comments: