Thursday, October 9, 2008

lots of excitement

Well, small pieces of excitement!

I forgot to say Happy Birthday to Grandpa on Sunday!

Tuesday we found out that our base school, Baucom, which was just changed to year-round last school year, is now going back to traditional calendar next school year. Sydney's Kindergarten year. Guess who's pissed off? HAHA, me! I wanted them in year-round! So now I think I have to apply to YR calendar and hope I get it. According to Phil there's nothing I can do about it right now so just calm down;) I guess I'll get over it, we still live in a great school system, the student assignment people and the school board are just really making me think that they have no idea what they're doing! Registration is in February. I already can't believe that I'll be sending my first born to elementary school!

Yesterday Mollie got a special surprise at preschool with a note from her "fairy godmother"

A box with 2 beautiful hand-made dresses! I didn't tell her who her fairy godmother is, but it's one of her teachers! Last winter Mollie had a brown corduroy long sleeve dress with small cupcakes embroidered on the top from Gymboree. Her teacher borrowed it to see if she could see how it was made. That was like last Jan! So she made Mollie a short sleeved one with 3 cupcakes and a summer dress. Sewing is one of her hobbies. It just was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for us and I was about to cry! She didn't want any attention of course for it because she didn't want anyone to know that she had done it as that could obviously cause some issues in the MMO, haha. I brought her some flowers at the end of the day after the other kids had left. She said that Mollie just holds a special place in her heart (she has 4 kids elementary to college age), sniff, sniff...

The girls are still really into pretend play and Sydney has been back into playing babies more than ever. She set up her own little nursery in the dining room yesterday. The girls also were playing "hair place" in the living room and got out the cape and everything. It was very cute.

0 comments: