Sydney is really loving school! She is so happy when I pick her up. She's starting to want to work more on "writing" things and I copied her a bunch of stationery pages that are all sizes so she can write letters to people. Holly, she wrote one to Dylan, but I'm not sure what happened to it!
I gave her a folder and wrote all these words in it that she wants to write a lot, like names of people, love, from, etc. She loves her file folder, haha. I remember loving office supplies when I was little. Especially post-it notes. I love watching her learn. She's pretty good at looking at beginning sounds and guessing what word it will be. It's cute. She can also count to 30. I'm not really bragging;) Just writing all this down so I can have a good record of it! And because I guess it's my blog so I can brag if I want to. I'm taking the time to focus on these things and not the sneaky pinching, kicking, making up words that rhyme with poop or boobies...you know, that stuff. Oh, and she is still so shy when she sees people sometimes! Yesterday we ran into her teacher from last year, Mrs. Medlin, in the bathroom at her school. She would not even speak to her! She hid behind me. Even Matthew gave her a hug and a few other kids. She was very interested to know how Sydney was doing and talked to her. Sydney finally gave her a little wave when we were leaving, it was funny. She was just so shocked to see her!
Mollie can count to 20 and knows all of her letters and the sounds that they make. I really didn't give her a quiz, I just have noticed, haha. She's been able to do it for a while. The letters, the counting has gotten better in the last few months. She can write her name sometimes and other times she gets confused about her M, makes a W, and the whole thing falls apart! But she spells her name, Sydney's name, Mommy, and sometimes Daddy. She writes Gramma Gaaaammm or some assortment like that. She really likes school also and it's so great that she has the same teachers from last year. She is NOT good about going potty at school. Not that she has accidents, but she does her leaking thing and when they take her to the bathroom she won't usually go. On Monday she told Ms. Caroline she had to go for the first time and they were so proud of her. Mollie really enjoys driving her sister crazy. Looking right at her, grabbing something of hers, and running. Speaking of running, her running has really improved. She is so, so cute! She used to have trouble getting her chubby legs off the ground:) But now she really runs with more of a gait and her legs are getting longer and slimmer. She has really gotten tall this summer. I put on a pair of 2T jeans the other day that were high waters! So of her 24 pair of pants, really some are 2's that will not fit that much longer, and the rest are 3's. And some 3's will still be a little long. I love how in the Fall you see a bunch of kids with new clothes on that are too big.
Today we're off to another noon football game. Hopefully the girls will hang in there okay like they did last time. The weather is going to be beautiful! I bought their tailgating Pringles so we should be good until game time;) Isn't it fun to have a snack that you're only allowed to have in certain situations? I never buy crap like Pringles (because I would eat the whole can).
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment