Monday, August 4, 2008

weekend

We had a lovely weekend with the family. Well, Phil was gone Wed-yesterday. That got old by Friday afternoon let me tell ya!
Friday we went to have lunch with some friends then to Old Navy for some tax-free plus my 25% off coupon that my Banana employee friend shared with me:) Got some super deals! And it wasn't too crazy. For some reason it really wore Mom and I out and we took it easy Friday afternoon and evening. The girls played in the plastic backyard pool and we went to bed early. Saturday morning we went to the gym and I'm not sure what else, haha. Dad showed up around 2ish for Mom's birthday which was Saturday. Oh, mom and the girls made a cake. I was going to make the cake, didn't expect Mom to make her own birthday cake. But she likes to cook with the girls and they like it too.
Saturday night my Dad too my Mom out to dinner at Peak City Grill so I took the girls to Red Robin. Sydney swore that's where Mom wanted to go for her birthday. So we went for her. And somehow I managed to spend like $37 there with just me and the girls, haha. Do not order a Blue Moon at RR. It is like $4.69. Plus, they have this new obsession with onion rings. Which I think is cute, although extremely unhealthy. But hey, it was a special occassion. I always feel like splurging when Phil's gone on a weekend. It hits extra hard. Because it essentially makes it no weekend, but just like any other day for me. So anyway, with a $10 burger and 2 kids meals it really adds up. That place is a racket!
We played outside after dinner (since we were home by 6:15) and the girls rode their bikes. Sydney is awesome on her new bike and Mollie is doing great on Sydney's old 12" bike, but a maniac, haha!! She goes really fast and has no concept of the fact that she can fall over, even with training wheels, if she's acting like a wild woman! Anyway, they're really fun girls! Thankfully James and Michele walked over for a little while and we sat on the deck and I got to blow off some steam:)
Yesterday morning I cleaned the kitchen, it was really needing it after tornado chefs Gramma, Sydney, and Mollie got hold of it on Saturday. Then we had Mom's birthday lunch with Nancy, Travis, Chase and Courtney. And Phil got home around 12, just in time. Poor Uncle Cameron couldn't make it. Even though he is one of the smartest people I've probably ever met, he and Courtney probably could use some prayers as he finishes his last year of pharmacy school. I think he's a bit stressed. And Courtney gets to live with him. Sydney has been all about Cam lately! Maybe we'll see him before Christmas:)

This morning the girls had a dentist appt. with good ol' Dr. Venezie. Sydney was perfect, and I mean perfect! She loves him and he really likes her too. Mollie, on the other hand, well, lets just say that Dr. Venezie's magic did not quite work on her. But he said to just focus on the fact that they got their 3 jobs done: counting teeth, cleaning teeth, and painting tooth vitamins on them. She did say that Dr. Venezie was nice after we left, so maybe it didn't scar her for life. We'll see in Feb. I guess!
After a yummy lunch at Skippers (Dad's new favorite), he headed back to Mocksville. The rest of the day is filled with wonderful laundry, yippee!!

1 comments:

Kim said...

Love Skippers...and they do have great onion rings. One of the only places Joshua will eat them.