Monday, September 21, 2009

lists

Sometimes when you have a lot to say and don't know how to say it or where to start it's easier to make a list:) So what have we been up to in our busy lives that I think will calm down...but don't...

  1. Courtney had a short story published in a book called Long Story Short. It's very good and very cool. She, her friend Sarah Dessen, and another author Jill McCorkle, had a reading together at the NC Literary Festival in Chapel Hill last weekend (the 12th). It was a lot of fun. Nancy, Dad and I rode together to the festival and next time they have it I'd like to take the girls to the kids stuff and spend more time there. It was a neat tribute to NC writers. There are MANY. She actually has a reading tomorrow night (Tuesday) at Barnes and Noble in Cary at 7PM with Sarah Dessen and Marianne Gingher (hope I spelled that right. I'm not able to go, but if you can, go!
  2. The girls have now been to 2 home football games. They love it and I love taking them. They're so good. This past Sat. Phil took them by themselves b/c I was out of town.
  3. Sydney started soccer last Wed. She begged to play for a long time and then once it came down to it she didn't want to do it! She cried and complained, but finally participated. Phil had to take her while I was out of town again and he sent me pictures and kept me updated. We were so proud of her. She was sitting out and randomly got up and ran and loved it!
  4. My grandmother on my Dad's side passed away last week. A week ago Sunday I guess. She was my last grand parent. Unfortunately we were not that close. We spent much more time down there (in Aiken, SC) when we were younger, but circumstances with his family are weird. That's the only way to explain it. But Nancy and Courtney and I drove down to the funeral. We made lemonade out of lemons and had a great road trip! I drove 10 hours in about 30 hours, but we stayed in a hotel one night and got to spend some time with aunts and cousins on my mom's side. That is guaranteed to be a good time. I wish we lived closer to them. And I'm thankful that my Granny is now resting in peace. With Patrick Swayze I like to say:)
  5. Sydney has her first loose tooth! She has a permanent tooth already coming in on her front-bottom. The tooth it is behind is loose. I am so excited for her. She is beside her self about it!
  6. This past weekend I had my girls weekend at a Raleigh hotel:) It was lots of fun. I felt bad about being gone most of last Wed-Thurs. But I got to have dinner with the family and put the girls to bed Thursday night then see them before and after school on Friday. I left around 4:45 on Friday. It was a much needed trip. I can definitely tell a difference in my patience level since I returned and the girls have been very good. Phil left Sunday morning before I even got home for a conference in Asheville. He'll be gone until Wed. So I came home to a babysitter, happy girls, and a big mess. On little sleep. So we went to visit Chase! That kid is hilarious!!!
  7. I have never had a flu shot in my life. I decided for some reason that this was the year. I went this morning and luckily they let me have the mist. Back in 2001 I had a tetanus shot and a prevnar vaccine. Ugh, I had horrible local reactions to both. So I was thankful for the mist. The girls are scheduled for their shots Thursday evening. Sydney would like the mist, but I'm not sure if our ped. has it in.
  8. I'm so excited that new TV starts this week!
  9. I'm also so excited that I'm finalizing our new countertop/backsplash order this week! Hopefully tomorrow! Then hopefully next week they'll be installed. I need to start taking before pictures so that I can then have some afters:)
  10. The girls have been sleeping together on the bottom bunk. It's really freakin' cute! And Mollie has been napping less and less lately. I thought she had given it up completely, but for some reason she has been napping for Phil and our babysitter...hmm...It never ceases to amaze me how children act for others--other than MOMMY!
  11. I got a new little HP mini and I'm hoping since the battery actually holds for longer than 3 min, unlike my older laptop, I might be a better blogger!

1 comments:

Kim said...

So exciting about the loose tooth. I'm glad she didn't tell Joshua about it, he really wants a loose tooth...