Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Reading time!

I thought it was time to throw out some book recommendations again:)


Here are 2 we really like right now:
Pinkalicious and Purplicious by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann. They are writers and illustrators.

The girls think these books are just so cute. Pinkalicious is a really silly story and Purplicious is a follow up to it. I just saw that there is also Goldilicious:

We're going to have to get this one!

So basically this little girl named Pinkalicious loves everything pink. She eats too many pink cupcakes and acts kind of bratty and ends up turning pink:) She has to eat a bunch of green stuff to turn back to normal. Her brother Peter ends up eating them also and turns pink at the end as well. In Purplicious, Pinkalicious meets a bunch of mean girls who only like black. She has to deal with the fact that she likes something that everyone else things is "passe". Finally she makes a friend who likes pink and they discover how pink is powerful--it can turn blue into purple! Purplicious!

I actually read the book Pinkalicious to my intervention kids at school one day to talk about the parts of the story and retelling. The next day I brought pink cupcakes. They were tickled pink!

Added bonus: Music recommendation

What are we listening to in the car right now?

Barenaked Ladies, Snacktime

It came out about a year ago. I love it. If you're sick of toddler tunes and like BNL (I've always loved them) you'll like it. Especially 789. You can listen to it here:
I have to say, I am aware that like 2 weeks after the cd came out the lead singer got arrested for cocaine possession or something like that. Bad, bad, boy. Not good example for the children you just wrote this for. But really, maybe that's why it's so funny....;) KIDDING!
And my kids aren't old enough yet to be influenced by that bad decision. They have no idea. So have at it!

0 comments: