Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Zyrtec, Hurricanes and Camera

**Edited to add to the below thing about Phil going to FL that that does not mean that he made a million dollars, haha, sorry for the confusion! Obviously, we would have a slightly different lifestyle. Maybe.

I think the girls both are having allergy issues. Particularly Mollie. Surprised? Some of you know my allergy history. I have been taking my medicine since the beginning of March and have had a great allergy season this year! (knocking on wood right now). But Mollie has been coughing bad at night. Sydney coughs occassionally during the day. I started giving Mollie children's Zyrtec a few days ago and wow, the difference is amazing. I'm realizing this now b/c I was out tonight visiting a friend at the hospital who had a beautiful baby girl yesterday:) and I forgot to tell Phil to give her the medicine. She's coughing her head off right now:( Poor baby. And I hope, hope, hope that she doesn't end up with a life time of this! Sorry I gave you that Mollie, sniff, sniff...

I am so excited for the Carolina Hurricanes hockey team! They won game 7 tonight to advance to the next round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. We have been to several games. Phil's company shares a box at the arena with some other group and so then we get free tickets on the nights they have it (plus free food and drink, always good). So we're hoping to get to go when they play at home again in the next round. Anyway, we didn't have their tickets Sunday night, but our neighbor/great friends James and Michele got tickets and took us to that awesome, awesome game! The 4-0 shut out! We just finished watching the great game 7. Fun stuff.

Phil surprised me last night with an early Mother's Day present that he was apparently too excited about to wait to give it to me. I thought my Pandora bracelet I got for my birthday was going to be for M-day also b/c it ended up costing me more than I had planned. But I am always having camera envy around other people so he picked me out a new fancy Nikon digital SLR camera. I still haven't figured it all out yet, but I took some pics today with it. My favorite things are the zoom that you just twist on the lens and the super fast shutter speed. This is very odd because we don't usually give each other expensive gifts, but hey! I'll take it!

He is leaving in the morning to go to Tampa for his national sales meeting. I think he'll probably be recognized for a few things. Well, I know he made it into the "million dollar club" for a million in gross sales this year or something like that so he'll get a plaque or something and there are a lot of their vendors/partners giving away different prizes. We'll see if he/we end up with anything! And for some reason even though he travels all the time I'm feeling like this is a big trip so I'm sort of nervous. Not sure why. He'll be back Friday night. I'm praying for safe travels.

0 comments: