We all had a really fun weekend around here and I'm now enjoying my Wake Co. Schools Spring Break!
Friday night we had our friends Jennifer, Andy and the kids bff's Matthew and Lindsay over for pizza and hanging out until bedtime. It was a great time.
Saturday morning Mom came over and Phil and I headed down to the Morehead City area for a wedding for our friends Allyson and Russell. Allyson went to college with Nancy and they sit behind us at football games (we all have lifetime rights and season tickets so...we're stuck together for life!) The wedding was in Swansboro and the reception was at the NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores. FANTASTIC!!! I can't believe they do events like that there and it was amazing. Dancing and eating and drinking around all the poor fishies;) We stayed at a hotel in Atlantic Beach that was in the middle of major, I mean major renovations. Like, here is the lobby view Sunday morning:
Poor Allyson and her mother had no idea when they blocked the rooms here that it would still be at this stage of renovation and the wedding guests were the only people in the hotel. It was fun and interesting. We got a discounted rate though, and still paid $109 a night. With a missing end table, no hot water in the shower and no hair dryer. It was worth the good time though!
So Dad ended up coming up to hang out with Mom and the girls. They took them to Chickfila for lunch Saturday, Kohls to buy new pj's, and to the park to play! Sunday they went to Red Robin for lunch. They definitely had a great weekend also. Sydney played outside so much that she wanted nothing to do with us when we got home. Just wanted to play some more with Emily, our neighbor who is 6.5.
Yesterday I had to work b/c it was a snow make up day. Today actually was too, it ate into the Wake Co. spring break which was NOT a popular thing for the parents and teachers around here. This whole week was supposed to be break. I ended up subbing for a K class in the morning b/c their teacher and TA were on vacation and couldn't make other arrangements (or didn't).
Today the girls and I went to Greensboro to the Children's Museum there to meet up with my friend Audra from high school who I had not seen in 3 years! She has a 4 year old daughter Karlie and she and Sydney were in Heaven together. They had about the same attention span while Mollie would have spent hours in each little station. They lasted about 4 min. in each:) We had a nice Chickfila lunch before heading back out of town. I had to make a mental note to take Mollie back there when Sydney is in school all day so she can stay and pretend as long as she wants!
(LeAnne, maybe we should take she and Eliza there!)
So that brings us to this afternoon and Mollie's Kinderdance recital! Very informal recital, but Ms. Mary is awesome! It was sooooo cute! Here is a really short video from it, I have a few more I'll have to see if I can get smaller or something;)
1 comments:
Molly is just toooo precious...I hope she can Sidney can come over soon and see baby Keira and Great Aunt!
Post a Comment