Wednesday, April 29, 2009

cool

I set up a holiday cash acct. last year through the credit union. Basically it takes $ out of your acct. every month and puts it in a different acct. Now, I know I could probably do it myself. But I'm all about not going it myself, one less thing to remember. In October it deposits the money back into your primary acct. that you designate. I did this last year in like May or something so I didn't have a full year's worth in there, but it was enough.
I just checked it and I already have $600 to spend on Christmas this year! Not that I need to spend it all, I know. And I'm sure we won't. But it's exciting to me that we won't have to "budget for Christmas" so to speak and alter our spending on other things around that time b/c we already have it set aside. Just some excitement for my evening as I was working on my budgets:)