Tuesday, April 14, 2009

hand washing woes...and other issues

Okay, didn't take me long to decide to vent these frustrations. I'm basically getting tired of people being incompetent and getting away with it.

My first short issue is with the payroll dept. at the county office of our school system. I have never changed the amount I will be working by more or less. I fill out forms to take days off appropriately, etc. I have always been a 20% employee and worked 8 hours a week. My lead secretary and principal agree that this should not be an issue. However, payroll thinks that if they continue to pay me at the rate they are paying me I will be overpaid. How is this possible if they are paying me correctly and how do we figure this out? We still haven't. Here is the email the secretary got from payroll a month or so ago:

"According to Ms. Greene work schedule, she will be working total for 196.5 hour. Pre-audit have been complete, it determine she will be overpay $428.68 if she work as 196.5 hours. She need to work 13.5 hours more to increase her work to 210 hours, she will be pay correctly. Please talk to your principal and Ms. Green to see if school can increase and Ms.Greene willing to work 13.5 hours more or not. If they all agree, please send me her update work schedule. Thanks in advance for all your help."

If this makes any sense to you please enlighten me. The only solution I can come up with in this budget crisis is to fire this person.

My second issue:
Long story short, I will not be buying any more new appliances from Best Buy. Phil can take his Reward Zone points and either shove them or use them on something like a DVD or Wii game.
Here is the log I have been creating of my issues. Feel free to not read it, but know that I am getting impatient in my old age and have been really irritable from having no working dishwasher for 2 weeks and know the Geek Squad repairman for our area so well that we should probably exchange Christmas cards...

Refrigerator
Last Spring:
1.Compressor or something went out that was causing it to be hot on the side, part ordered (Sterling)
2. Sterling installed the new part
In the last few months:
3. Clips that hold door closed broken, parts ordered
4. Sterling was supposed to come, had an emergency, couldn’t make it, rescheduled appt.
5. Sterling came out to fix it, we had another broken piece on a drawer, part ordered
Part back ordered
Lots of calls to let me know it was in and someone would call me about a repair

Meanwhile…
Tuesday, March 31
Realize that clean light is still on dishwasher. We’ve always had problems with it running warm/moist, stinking after it had been emptied and reloaded.Then we realize that the door will not stay latched. It will still run...whether the door is closed or not. And it won't.
We report it to Best Buy, they schedule for Saturday April 4th. We always mention the smell to the Geek Squad, but for some reason they don’t address it, just the door latch issue.
**this is our 2nd dishwasher of this model. We bought a new one in October and it was dead on arrival. We returned it and purchased a new one in November.

Wed. April 1st or Thursday, April 2 a technician calls to try to narrow down the issue and says he will order a new door latch and reschedules the install for April 11th.

Thursday, April 9 the Geek Squad calls again to discuss having the refrigerator part installed. I ask them if they can come on Saturday the 11th with the dishwasher install. They could not find a record of anything related to the dishwasher. She said she would see what she could do. This is the last I hear of the fridge issue until Monday the 13th.

Saturday, April 11th Ronald comes to our service appt. He does not have the part. We later get a call from the Geek Squad asking us to call back to the 800 number to schedule service again because they scheduled us with the wrong person and that Sterling has the part, not Ronald. They schedule for Monday.

Monday, April 13th (yesterday)
8:45am Ronald calls to tell me that he will come between 1-3pm. I asked him if he had the part. He said no. I said because they sent someone out Saturday who also didn’t have the part and they were supposed to send someone with the part today. He says, yeah, that was me. Let me call and try to figure this out.

9:10am Another Geek Squad representative calls me to reschedule the service because Sterling as the part on his truck (didn’t we know this?), but he’s not in today and he lives in a gated community so no one can get it off of his truck (really? Is this in the manual to tell people this?). I let her know all of our issues and that I am not happy with the incompetence I am seeing in their organization. She also says that the lady we talked to on the phone on Saturday apparently created a new work order for the DW and that’s where Ronald came in a second time. Not okay.
She also finds the refrigerator information and says she will get them installed at the same time. Super. I ask for a number I can call to speak to someone about how happy I am. She gives me the 1-888-Bestbuy number and tells me to press 0 for a customer service representative. I am not confident this will get me anywhere.

2:56pm I get a call from a 1-800 number and answer it and it says it is the Geek Squad and asks me to press 1, puts me on hold, asks me to enter my secret code (never had a secret code before) or wait on the line. While I’m waiting I get call waiting from the Geek Squad. Seriously?

3:01pm I answer the Geek Squad call again and get the exact same thing. I try to seriously calm myself down and just talk to him about that this might be for my refrigerator because I’ve already spoken to someone about my dishwasher today. He is acting the whole time like I called them. He looks everything up and says, “okay ma’am, I just want to let you know that your part is scheduled for service April 14th in the afternoon. Like maybe 4-6ish. Uh, that’s tomorrow”. I said, really? That’s great. They’re already coming to fix my dishwasher then (I hope) and that is what we were trying to do. Super.
There are a lot of parts of this company that are obviously not connecting!!!

When Phil worked at Gateway out of the store back in like 99 or 2000 or something there was a guy there who is now the sales manager at the Cary BB store. So he called in a favor. He got the guy to agree to give us a new dishwasher. A different one. And they'll take the other one back. Even though we did not have the extended BB warranty and this was just under the 1 year Frigidaire warranty. So we had to pick out a new one from there instead of running to HHGregg or Sears or anywhere else like I wanted to. We went last night. But I made Phil buy the 5 year warranty just in case. We got a new LG one and it was a lot more expensive than the other one so it better freakin' work!!!

So I wasn't surprised when at 9am this morning Sterling calls to say that he's on the way with our parts. He said they had him down for the afternoon, but he didn't know why, so could he come now? I was like, are you kidding? Sure, come on. I'll just skip the gym again and get this damn thing over with!!! No dishwasher = a little more eating out. Worse food for me which adds pounds. Sure I'll skip the gym...
So Sterling fixed the dishwasher door latch and told me to just keep the bag with the old one to turn over to the people who come next Monday to take it away and bring us our new one.
And our part for the fridge was replaced. It was just a plastic drawer clip thing so it wasn't that big of a deal.
So, sorry about all the complaints. I have them off my chest now:)

4 comments:

Forrest Blogs said...

I particularly enjoyed the grammar in that email from the person who considers themselves an educator.

Leanne said...

Ditto on the grammar! Very sad.....

Jen said...

That email...someone needs an English lesson....

Kelly said...

Yes, the grammar was killing me. According to the name at the bottom of the email I am guessing that English is not her first language. However, that is no excuse to me. That is a huge pet peeve of mine and I don't care if she works in payroll, she is communicating with others incorrectly. And apparently can't do math either!