Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Year-Round here we come!

I found out today that we got in to our school choice!
Track 2 is what I wanted and that's what we got. I know other people going to LP, but not on that track. Which is probably good! I don't know if Sydney really should be in a class with someone she already knows that well, haha. Here is a link to the YR calendar so you can see what the idea is if you're confused. She will be the blue track. The blues are when they're in session.
http://www.wcpss.net/Calendars/2009-10/09-10-year-round.pdf
She will start July 7th for 6 weeks then have her 3 week break. I especially love the late Aug/beginning of Sept. break and the late May break. Perfect beach weather!
One drawback are that she'll only have a week or two between GRADES! But she won't have either all of Dec. off or all of Jan. off like Tracks 1 and 4. 1 and 4 are the most popular b/c they are most like the traditional school calendar.
Now I have to wrap my mind around the fact that she will start Kindergarten in a little over 3 months! Yikes! But you know what that means? Shopping for a cool new book bag!
The school mascot is penguins and I think that is so super cute:)
And it will be odd that Mollie will start preschool 2 months after she starts, haha.

Thank God that is over. Really. The wait was causing some sleepless nights over here. Oh, but I have to say that I found out in the best way. The data manager at my school has been stalking the mainframe computer for me checking Sydney's school status. It still had our base school number in it b/c that's where I registered her. I didn't even ask her at work today b/c I was really busy and b/c I figured I'd be getting my letter by Friday. I was walking through the office and she said, "Kelly! Your daughter got the year-round you wanted." I was like, "what?" She said "did you want Track 2? That's what they have her on." I said YES!!!
So then I got to preschool pick up and Jennifer had gotten her letter for her YR option and Matthew will be on Track 2 also!
Anyway, I'm glad I didn't have to stand at the mailbox with shaky hands and open the darn thing. Jennifer said she dropped her mail to open it real quick. My friend Chris almost dropped her sleeping kid to open hers;) I did have my letter when I got home, but got to open it confidently!
Excitement in Apex today!

0 comments: