Great friends are really one of the most valuable things in life.
For some reason I thought I would be feeling lots better this morning, but I wasn't. I wasn't running any fever at all so that helped the body aches and chills, but not the horrible neck pain and swelling. You can look at the outside of my neck and tell it's swollen. Yikes. Actually, as of tonight around dinner time I started feeling a little better so hopefully tomorrow I can go to work.
Anyway, I became really thankful that I scheduled Mollie's dance and Sydney's gymnastics classes with some of my friends' kids! I called my friend Kim this morning whose daughter Sarah is in Mollie's dance class. I was going to see if she could take Mollie to dance at 11:30 and bring her back. She offered to take both of them to get them out of the house and Sydney could play with her son who is her age. She called back minutes later and said they had my day worked out. She would take the girls to Wendy's for lunch after dance and meet my friend Chris and her 2 girls. Side note: Chris and Kim both always have 2 extra car seats in their vans b/c they transport each other's kids a lot. Chris would bring Mollie home and Kim would take Sydney to gymnastics at 2! Her son takes it a different day so she knows where it is. My friend Tracy's daughter Ella is in Sydney's gymnastics class so she would bring Sydney home. I gave Kim her extra booster seat so she could do that.
I am really thankful that that all worked out and they were so happy to help me and I barely even had to ask for help! It was just handed to me. I got several naps in and got to rest and the girls still got to do their activities. They could have skipped them, but they would not have wanted to be cooped up all day here with me anyway!
I am counting my blessings:)
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment