I registerd Sydney for Kindergarten last Thursday. Us Moms thought it was a huge deal even though it was nothing more than filling out a bunch of paperwork:) We treated us all to lunch and play time at Chickfila. That night I went to the open house at the Year Round school we can apply to. I loved it. I actually loved the base school I registered her at as well. So I feel like no matter where she goes she'll get a good education. (duh) But I still do want the YR schedule. Just like Phil said, "we're not farmers, we can barely keep the plants we have alive, much less plant new one". There is no reason to have them home all summer long!
Did I mention that Mollie was wait listed for the 3 day 3's class? Now, before we approached preschool/school age I swore I would be the most laid back mom about school. Just put me where you want to I'd say. Any school, any YR track, any days in preschool. It doesn't matter, they'll learn from me also. They don't need to be at school all the time. HAHAHAHA
I'm so *that* mom now. The one that thinks that Mollie is so mature and after 2 years of MMO 2 mornings a week she needs 3. And I honestly do:) She is one of the older ones. Granted, next year the cut off changes from Oct. 16 to Aug. 31 (thank God). But I really do think that she should get a spot in the 3 morning a week class over some kids who will barely be turning 3 when school starts. So Mollie is 10th on the waiting list out of 19 and there are only 12 kids in the class. There is one 3 day class and like 4 2 day classes. So Mollie will go Tu/Th. Unless I switch her to a different preschool which I'm half-heartedly considering. I'm just going to put her name on a waiting list at another preschool that we have tons of friends that go there and their kids will be MWF.
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment