I haven't updated since last week because every time I sit down to write about the girls' new room or anything else it seems just trivial. I can't get the family and friends of Kristi Walker out of my mind. Tonight a celebration of her life was held and I can't imagine her family saying goodbye to her. 30 years old, 3 young boys. I have friends who knew her. I have been praying a lot for her family. Anyway, it's really upsetting to have the wake up call that something like this can happen. And her family has an awesome outlook on the situation with such strength that I can not imagine. She is now with the person she loved most...God.
My neighbor Michele's coworker lost his wife in the Fall to cancer. They have 2 young boys.
Some of you know this, but my college roommate's husband passed away in August of 2003. They had not been married quite 2 years. I was the matron of honor in their wedding. They had a 10 week old baby. She came home from work to find him dead on their bedroom floor from a brain aneurysm. The baby was strapped into his car seat. They had just returned from Target. Imagine what could have happened. I can not even imagine myself or Phil not being here to watch my kids grow up.
I never have understood why things like this happen, but it has to make you realize that their HAS to be a plan that we don't know about. We are not in control...as much as we would like to think we are;)
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment