We are at Disney and loving it!
It cracks me up though, that at a place so "magical" and geared toward kids, there are so many screaming, tired children!
No pain, no gain!
Mollie has had more meltdowns and fits than I have ever seen about anything ever. But she's loved what we've done. Sydney is stuck to my niece Olivia like glue.
So, in case I didn't mention it before, I think I did, but Phil's brother David, his wife Angela, her mom, and their 2 kids are here also. Their suite is right next to ours! We spent all day with them today. It's been nice.
Next time, and there will be a next:), we will plan a more low key park for our first day here.
Yesterday was just really tiring traveling. We had booked a direct Delta flight. It got changed to a layover in Atlanta and then the times changed about 8 times. And there was nothing we could do about it b/c we had paid for it back in June. Should have waited for the Southwest schedule to come out and done direct! In the time it took us to arrive at RDU yesterday morning and arrive at our hotel we could have driven. And I *might* have jumped out of a moving vehicle 1/2 way here, but still.
Now, that said, the girls did awesome on the planes and it was such an adventure for them:) It was fun. But I have never been so tired in my life. Seriously, I don't know what it was. Maybe the excitement from last week and Sydney's birthday coupled with getting 5 hours of sleep the night before we left, and the traveling....we were all dead tired. Mollie pretty much cried from the airport to the hotel. She wanted our car, she was confused by the taxi. She wanted to go home. I have seen more meltdowns from her in the last 2 days than ever. Sydney was AWESOME!! Literally, almost perfect all day. Who can blame Mollie though? She is 3! And was stretched to the max.
I think this morning we weren't quite recovered from yesterday and left at 8:30am to catch our shuttle to get to the Grand Floridian hotel for our 1900 Park Fare breakfast with Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter, Tigger, and Pooh. It was AWESOME. Well worth it. It was not stressful at all, we actually got there early and were sat early. The food was delicious. That's one thing I have to say about Disney. The food is really very high quality fresh food. My wonderful friend Billy met us at the hotel, rode the monorail with us to Magic Kingdom, got the 4 of us in for FREE, wanted to wait and see the girls' reaction to Cinderella's castle (so sweet) and then just went home. He could care less about Disney b/c he works here, haha. He is a fabric buyer for all of Disney World, the cruises, and stores.
Anyway, we got to do a lot today for how crowded it was! Mollie was pretty stressed about not seeing Cinderella right away. We eventually got to Toon Town and found where you line up to see the Princesses and it was only a 30 minute wait so we did it. Someone in line told us it would be 3 princesses and you wouldn't know which 3 until you got up there. It just happened to be Cinderella, Belle, and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)!!!! Couldn't have been more perfect!! The girls loved it and we got some great pictures. Mollie was in Heaven. Sydney is kind of shy about things like that, but her favorite is Sleeping Beauty so she was happy. Anyway, it's hard to recap all we did, but we didn't even get 1/2 way through the park. We're def. going back Wed. when we have our lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table at the castle.
Tomorrow we are going to Hollywood Studios. Billy's office is based at this park and he'll meet us at the gate to get us in again. The other days even if we're going somewhere else we'll have to meet him there so he can get us in and then we can park hop. It is so awesome of him to do this for us, it's saving us probably... $1,000 in tickets if we were to buy 5 day park hoppers? Not sure exactly how much. Ahhh... you know my husband is in Heaven also to get a free hotel with his Hilton points and free admission, LOL. It's great:)
11 years ago
3 comments:
I am SO glad you are having a MOST wonderful time at the happiest place on earth!! I LOVE reading updates! :) And yes, Southwest nonstop is the way to go! ;) I will pay out the wazoo next time we go to fly direct, especially with TWO "babies" that will probably be toddlers at the time. My most REAL advice for Disney is that unfortunately you need a vacation AFTER a Disney vacation. It is exhausting for everyone. So, plan a massage day... ;)
Oh & yes, Magic Kingdom is definitely a 2 day deal.
Funny that you say that. I don't have to work the Monday we get back and the girls have preschool so I was thinking of a massage that day!
Post a Comment