Sunday, January 25, 2009

All good things must come to an end...

I think this is the first vacation where I can honestly say that I didn't want to come back. After most vacations I am looking forward to getting back to the normal routine. Um, not this one. Although I do have to say that it was exhausting and a lot of work. But well worth it. The girls had so much fun:) They were so happy. And one thing I realized is that I don't expect as much excitement from Sydney. She can get really silly and wild when she's tired or around other kids that she feeds off of, but she usually is kind of shy and subdued. She has never liked new things very much or costumes or characters, etc. I expected Mollie to be openly excited about EVERYTHING and just be wowed by everything. It was kind of the opposite. I'm so happy that I was able to SEE Sydney get so, so excited and have such a good time. This was the perfect trip for her. Now, she would have been happier to be 2-4 inches b/c she could have ridden more rides that she became obsessed with:) But she was awesome. She even started loving most of the characters and was tackling them with hugs by the time we went to Chef Mickey's on Friday night. Mollie was not feeling that great and was a little cranky. And not to harp on Mollie as an eater, haha, but at our character meals she wanted to eat! If she had ice cream or ravioli she was eating, she really didn't care if Pluto was near by. Good girl. Sydney actually ate really well the whole time also. And they both slept great. Ahh...it was just great:)

Anyway, here is a quick run down on the rest of our week:
Thursday morning:
*met Billy at Hollywood Studios to get our tickets then took the bus to Animal Kingdom. Made plans for dinner that night with he and his family.
Got to Animal Kingdom, got right to business with all the popular things first. No lines really, one fo the kiddie rides was closed and Sydney was too short for the roller coasters. Lots of tears and whining. Had lunch, did the Finding Nemo musical, the safari ride that was really awesome, saw lots of cool animals. The girls were melting down again. We left around 4. Mollie still had a cold, but was feeling okay.
*met Billy and his wife and daughter at House of Blues for dinner in Downtown Disney. I had never met his family. Had a great time. Mollie had a coughing fit right after dinner standing outside the restaurant. Then she threw up all over me. And her, mostly me. Cleaned up as fast as we could and took a cab back to the hotel instead of catching our bus. One crappy thing about relying on the Disney transportation. Have to wait for up to 30 min. for the bus.
Did laundry that night for the 2nd time for the 2nd puking after coughing incident. Lovely. It's a good things she's cute;)
*Friday we ate a big breakfast at our hotel for the first time. It was yum. Mickey Mouse waffles are the BEST! They must have them at all the Disney related restaurants. Billy's wife met us at Epcot to let us in. I told them we could pay for our tickets for one day...but they insisted. Epcot was fun. Could have stayed there a little longer. Sydney rode Test Track there, a fast car ride! She's a thrill machine now. We're going to need a lot of ride tickets at the fair this year, haha.
*We left at 6 to head to the Contemporary Resort for our Chef Mickey's dinner buffet with the characters. It was fun:) The girls loved it. The character meals were really fun. I had scheduled 3 and then David ended up getting us the extra one on Monday at Hollywood Studios. So most of our money that we did spend went to food. But the food was damn good:) They're just a great way to see and get quality time with characters without waiting in line. We got lots of autographs for the girls' autograph book!

Saturday we flew home. The girls both slept the whole way from Atlanta to Raleigh. Luckily we were in a 3x3 plane with the 2 inner seats on each side. No one showed up for the window seats on our row, phew. So they both stretched out with heads on our laps and snoozed.

Back to preschool for the girls tomorrow. I actually have a teacher work day but am not working it so that I can see my kids 3 days this week after missing last week. So I'll work Th. instead of Mon. That also buys me some great time in the morning to myself! And to clean my house which needs it terribly. And possibly squeeze in a pedicure. My legs could use a massage!
Oh, and I have loaded all the pics to Shutterfly. I'm going to make a Shutterfly photo book. I've never done one before. But I am a year and a half behind on scrapbooking and can not possibly tackle Disney!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I have done Shutterfly books for all our Disney trips. Impossible to scrapbook and the photo books turn out so beautiful!