Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fun, Cold Days!

Wow, apparently yesterday and today we have been experiencing unseasonably COLD temps here in Orlando!
Let's see, I'm mostly doing this for myself, but I know some of you Disney fans like to read what we've been doing...

Monday: Hollywood Studios
Lots of fun shows. Got to see Mickey and get an autograph (had to buy a book) and pictures. David got us reservations on Sunday night for lunch at 11:10 at Hollywood and Vine restaurant for the Playhouse Disney character lunch. Leo and June from the Little Einsteins and JoJo and Goliath from JoJo's Circus were there. Plus a lot of Playhouse Disney songs with dancing. I love the Hot Dog song at the end of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so Mollie and I went up to dance to that one. David told them it was Sydney's birthday so they brought her a card, cupcake, and birthday button. It was very cool. Great food. I really enjoyed this park. It was mostly show type things, but it was nice I thought. Mollie's started to really get a bad cold. She fell asleep right before we went into the Playhouse Disney Live show. Phil stayed out with her while the rest of us went in so she could sleep in the stroller. Well, she was sleeping face down. She woke up right before we walked out of the show freaking out. I know she was disoriented. It's hard to wake up in a strange place. But she started crying and coughing. B/c she was really mucousy from her cold she ended up choking and gagging. Eventually thowing up all over my shoulder. Gross. But I didn't mind b/c she was so sad. And so upset. So Phil went to buy her a new shirt that matched her leggings she actually had on. He did a great job. I really was never worried about her having a stomach thing, it was pretty obvious what it was. I was going to buy a new shirt, but ended up just putting my jacket back on. I didn't want to pay $30 for a shirt I didn't really like and may never wear again. We asked her if she wanted to go see the Ariel show and she was immediately cured:) It was a beautiful day!!! But it started to get cold as it near dark. We probably left around 5 or so. Phil and David did get to do the big roller coaster they wanted to do and David and Emma went on the Tower of Terror thing. I can't believe she did that! She's 5, almost 6!

Tuesday (yesterday) we ended up taking the day off. Mollie's cough was getting pretty bad, she felt a little warm at bed time. We had been going STRONG since early Sat. morning. It felt great to just rest. We watched the Inauguration on TV, Mollie watched cartoons on the other TV, they both played around a lot with some of their new stuff, and watched DVD's on the laptop. They both ended up napping! Sydney hasn't taken a nap in a long time, but she said she wanted to. We had to wake her up at 4 to go to Downtown Disney for dinner! We went over there to the Rainforest Cafe. Very disappointing. The food and service were not good. The atmosphere was unbelievably cool, and I guess that's what you pay for. I would have preferred good food at that point in the day:) Anyway, the weather was very cold and very windy so it was the perfect day to lay low and let Mollie rest.

Today (Wednesday) we went back to Magic Kingdom. We got a late start (cold again) and took the 10:30 out of the hotel, met Billy, got to MK a little before noon. We got to see a big show in front of Cinderella's castle while Phil ran to Space Mountain to get fast pass tickets:) That was neat. It was really freakin' cold. I can't tell you how cold it was. Our lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table restaurant at Cinderella's castle was at 12:20 so we went got there and changed the girls into their dresses while we waited for our pictures with Cinderella! I had put white turtlenecks and pants on them with something warmer over that and coats and mittens. So we just had to pretty much take off the top layer and threw their dresses on over their turtlenecks and pants. But you won't believe who froze up and not do the picture with her favorite princess! Mollie! The attendants and Cinderella herself were very gracious and so sweet telling us to not push it to just come back during our meal or even after if we had to to try again. Sydney did great! So we went upstairs and while we waited for our food we somehow convinced them to do it again, haha. A picture package with Cinderella was included with our meal and it was really darn pricey!! Like upper $30's a meal for adults and $20something for kids. We were getting our pictures! It went fine thank God. Someone also came around and gave the girls wishing stars and magic wands that said Cinderella's Royal Table. They did a cute little Bibbity Bobbity Boo chant. OH, while we were gone to do the picture redo our food came. The waiter was very concerned about my food being hot when I came back so he told Phil that he would bring me a new plate if it got cold. I sat down to eat my pork tenderloin and it was luke warm, but fine. I'm not too picky about things like that. Well here he came with a new plate. He said, you are not eating that princess!! That is not warm enough! It was really hot and really even more delicious. The girls got ice cream sundaes with crown shaped chocolate pieces on top. So cute. They had a great time. They got to see Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty up in the ball room and had pictures of each. We got a picture package of each girl that is basially a folder with a large picture of the castle on the left, a large picture of them with Cinderella on the right, and an envelope stuck inside with 4-4x6 pictures of them with her. So sweet. Mollie elected to wear her Sleeping Beauty dress all day. Sydney took her Cinderella dress off.
Mollie ended up taking over an hour and a half nap in the stroller! Yay! She seemed to be feeling better, but can I repeat how cold it was? The high today was like 48 I think and slight wind. Where are we again? FL? My friend Billy said it hadn't ever been this cold here since he's lived here. Nice, had to happen when we were here. BUT it ended up being an awesome afternoon b/c a lot of people apparently left and we ended up walking right on to fabulous rides like Pirates of the Carribean, It's a Small World, the Haunted Mansion, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Dumbo...and we waited 20 min. for Peter Pan's Flight. Sydney rode the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad roller coaster twice with Phil, David, Olivia and Emma! A big roller coaster! She loved it. I was shocked. She has really surprised me this week with how daring she's been and how much more at ease with characters she seems---hugging and high fives! She's still deathly afraid of fireworks apparently though b/c we had to leave at 7:30 before they started at 8. No amount of cousin peer pressure was going to break through that. She was out of there in no time flat, haha.
Anyway, I hope Mollie doesn't wake up sicker tomorrow, but she was awesome after not feeling so hot before. Of course we're keeping her high on cough medicine and ibuprofen:)

I forgot to say that the Dreams Come True parade was so, so cool. Sydney was about to freak out:) Mollie unfortunately slept through it.

Tomorrow is Animal Kingdom, dinner tomorrow night with Billy and family at Downtown Disney, Friday is Epcot and then dinner at Chef Mickeys! Saturday we journey back home.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

So they've renamed the night parade *again*...? Dreams Come True?? When I was growing up, it was the Main Street Electrical Parade, which in my mind it STILL is! Then they renamed it Spectromagic maybe 7-8 years ago? Annoying ;) Glad you're having a ball. I can't imagine doing Disney and freezing, that would suck. I remember gagging over the cost of bkfast at Cinderella's castle, but after experiencing it, it was worth EVERY penny! The pictures, the souveniers, the amazing food and 5 star service! For your next trip, March or October...BEST weather months to visit Orlando! :) June-August AWFUL, VERY hot and miserable! Dec-Feb can be iffy as you see.

Kelly said...

The night parade is still spectromagic. This one was at 3pm.
I def. will go back at a different time nesxt time. But we really can't complain about the lines for rides! It's been awesome since Monday afternoon!