Friday, December 19, 2008

Little Spitfire

So, turning 3 has brought out a whole new dimension to the Mollie otherwise known as "princess". She really doesn't like to leave places and will throw down and you have to carry her out. Luckily these episodes don't last long and she's still pretty easily talked out of/into things. She wants to wear dresses every day and at home she likes to wear dress up dresses. Especially the Barbie cheerleader dress that is getting so nasty now even though I wash it! But she's still a beautiful princess in it.
She says the funniest things! Today I was asking her if she wanted to do a puzzle with me (that she had taken apart and thrown all over the floor). She said, "the princess doesn't want to do that right now". She asked me for gum the other day in the car. I told her I would have to wait to find it in my purse when we got to a stop light or our destination. I was telling her that it wasn't safe because I was driving. I had my left hand on the wheel and my right hand in my lap. Then I get "mommy, use your other hand then, use your right one". I didn't, by the way.
And I hurt the princess's feelings a lot. Like when I tell her it's time to take a nap or go to bed or stop terrorizing Sydney when she is trying to do something.
She does ballet dances all around the house. I can't wait for her to start dance again in January in the 3-5 class. She calls Phil either "Daddio" or "Prince Charming" and takes him into her castle. Today I was the Queen Princess and had to follow her around with the glass slipper that kept "accidentally" falling off of her foot. She has quite an imagination.
While her attitude has really come out, she is also proven to be such an empathetic, kind friend. There have been many times lately that she has been concerned about someone, given back toys that someone has tried to take from her. After a few minutes that is. She'll play with it just to prove her point that it was her turn, but then say "you can have it now". She is a very sweet happy girl. And when she's not being her sassy self she is so polite and genuinely thankful for things and compassionate.
I always wanted to have kids that are funny, nice, polite, and smart, both in every day life and academics. I can just pray that it happens! I think we're getting there. We have to keep working on the manners, but I think that's probably normal.
I used to tell parents that kids wouldn't be kids if they never get in trouble! It's nice to see that sneaky streak every once in a while to show that kids are still kids. Don't want them to be little robots!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Are we talking about the sweet little Mollie I know??? Because I KNOW she would NEVER be anything other than a princess! ;)