Christmas Eve morning we a happy one, Phil off of work, girls playing. We're laying in bed that morning discussing how Sydney had told the Santa in our neighborhood the night before that she wanted a double stroller. She had been asking for this purple stroller at Target for months. Like probably 6 months. We already have 2 umbrella strollers and I was trying to steer her toward something new so I suggested a double stroller. She was pretty set on the purple one so I got it. We then thought she had changed her mind and wanted a double one. So we returned the purple one (stupidly) and went to Toysrus to get a double one we had seen that was front to back and had little removeable car seats. We already have 2 of those also, but thought we could just get rid of those with the 2 umbrella strollers we've had for like 3 years. They didn't have one! Then I realized that I couldn't even find a spot on the shelf where they had been, went home, looked online, and I don't think they even make it anymore! So I ran back to Target to rebuy the purple one. Lesson learned. She still talked about the purple one. Then a few weeks ago she stared on this huge double stroller kick, telling everyone she wanted one. They still didn't have them like that anywhere and I just knew that is probably the one she wanted. And then she still talked some about the purple one and we thought, well, it won't really matter, we'll just give her the purple one, she'll be happy and we'll say that Santa only can fit one stroller in the sleigh. The night before Christmas Eve we visited this Santa house. She told him again that she wanted a double stroller. We were like, what do we do? Still thought it would be okay and if it's not we'll just get her a double one for her birthday in January.
Christmas Eve morning we all get up, are sitting in the living room and here is my conversation with Sydney while she is playing with her baby:
S: this baby sure if heavy. I better not put her in my new double stroller because she might break it if it's made out of plastic.
Me: well, maybe if Santa brings you a purple stroller she won't break that
S: well, if Santa brings me a purple stroller then he wasn't listening to me because I TOLD him I want a double stroller.
Phil looked over her head at me like, "oh crap". I started laughing and tears were streaming down my face. So I called my mom, she said we could bring them over, and we went to Walmart, Toysrus, KB Toys at the mall, and Target. We could only find a side by side at Toysrus, which I thought was very cute. Nancy looked at the Walmart in Holly Springs to try to see if we could find a front/back. None.
So note to self: next Christmas I will buy everything they mention they want. On Christmas Eve we will decide what they really want and take the rest back later!!!!!!
******************
Gramma and Grandpa met us at Church for the 5pm mass, along with our friends Jennifer and Matthew, at 3:30, haha. Very crowded, have to get there early. We got a seat and they will start as soon as the church is full. They started about 4:30. When we left at 5:30 the fellowship hall was so full for the overflow service that was still going on that there were people standing outside on the sidewalks. Still trying to see and listen.
We then went to Nancy's house for our annual Christmas Eve dinner. Courtney and Cameron were there as well as Travis's parents.
My brother Michael and his wife Elizabeth got to our house about 10:30 so we ended up with a full house!
Courtney, Cameron, and Stubbs, my dogphew, staying the basement so Stubbs wouldn't have to be left at home. We don't have a very dog friendly house, but he is a good crater and slept in the office side in his crate and had frequent walks. Courtney and Cam slept on the futon on the big room side. The girls really enjoyed hanging out with him and Sydney went for a big walk with he and his parents.
Sydney insisted on Gramma being here to spend the night so although their apartment is just a few miles away she and Grandpa slept upstairs in the guest room. Sydney would not let MOllie sleep in her room! She was pitching a fit! We were hoping to have them sleep together and give Michael and Elizabeth a bed, but she wasn't having it. So they slept on an air mattress in the playroom downstairs, haha. Poor Elizabeth. I don't think she got much sleep.
We all went to bed around midnight so that Santa could come!
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment