Monday, December 15, 2008

busy, but super, weekend

Tonight we're just laying low and recovering from our really busy weekend.
Friday I worked in the morning, ran to Target, got home to them and our babysitter Krystina. She took Mollie to pick out a birthday present, so sweet!
Friday night we went with my friend Dawn, her daughter Ava and her sister Amanda to the Christmas production, Imagine, at their church. Like everything their church does, it was amazing! The girls loved it. Phil had a little holiday outing with his office to Frankie's Fun Park, but was home by the time we got home around 9:30. Then I went back to Target. Seriously. Dawn and Amanda will die that I did that, haha. At 10pm. But I ran into my friend Ann who I only see when we run into each other at Target late at nigth! I got home around 11! I just had to hunt for these cute shoes I found, but not in my size, at the Cary Target and I needed them for my parties. Found them. And a few things I needed for Saturday party cooking since we were going to also have a busy Saturday.

Saturday we played/cleaned up some then the girls and I went over to Nancy's because we hadn't played with Chase in a few weeks. We have seen him a few times, but not play quality time. And he's doing more and more every day. It's truly amazing how he has changed since getting those tubes in his ears! Eating and drinking more, crawling around, pulling up some, saying several words! He's so sweet. And he loves to play with Sydney. You say "where's Sydney?" and he points to her. He also loves the sound of the Swiffer WetJet. Weird.
Came home, Sydney played with a neighbor friend Emily and Mollie napped. Phil was doing something and I think I fell asleep on the couch...
Then we made our final preparations for our Babysteps playgroup adult party at our house. We get together a lot as families and mostly as moms and kids every week, but have not had an adult thing since I've been around. So we had it in the basement here. We had a neighbor babysitter come over to hang with the girls until bed time. There were probably 13 or so of us and it was so much fun! My face and stomach were sore from smiling and laughing so much. Wonderful friends!

Sunday we were tired!! I slept in, then Phil took a nap. Cleaned up some, then ate lunch at mom's apartment which looked great decorated for Christmas!! Dad was there and played Goldilocks and the 3 bears with Sydney and Mollie and then Mollie did her ballerina performance. She wants to be just like the few ballerinas that were in the Christmas performance on Friday night, haha.
Then we jetted home for her nap and went to Durham, really on the Raleigh line at Brier Creek, to my cousin Laura's very nice new house. We hadn't seen it yet and they've lived there for 2.5 months! The girls all got to play and then we all went to dinner. Laura's having a baby girl in March and looks so cute! We got home right at bedtime and I went to bed pretty early. Phil had to stay up and watch football because it's an important time you know for fantasy football;) He could be making it to the super bowl again this year which would make the first time anyone in his league has made it 3 times.

So this morning I worked, picked the girls up, then Sydney had a friend come home with her for a play date. I've been cleaning up more and am hopefully going to get to bed early. Phil has to watch Monday Night football because it's an important night for his team and all, haha. I realized that I still have some shopping to do. The girls are done, but we have odds and ends to take care of. I have returns to make already, more grocery shopping, etc....and have to get ready for our Fiesta on Saturday night!!!!!!!! We must be crazy...

0 comments: