Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Mollie!

Today is Mollie's 3rd birthday! I can't believe 3 years has gone by since that wild time! Oh, I love her so, so much.

Highlights of her birth:
At 37 weeks we were very surprised to learn that Mollie was no longer head down! This was a mystery because at 35 weeks she had been and they had estimated her weight already at 7lbs. Yikes. So we weren't sure how she flipped.
I was supposed to have a c-section Dec. 1st. Before they inserted my IV they did an ultrasound and she was back head down. How does that happen without feeling it? Not sure.
The hospital didn't have any beds so they sent me home and I began the most mentally unstable day of my life. I was a wreck. I didn't want to leave without my baby. I had everything set up. Family coming in, Sydney was taken care of. Everything. They said they would call me and they were "doing me a favor" by inducing me the next day since I had thought I would have my baby already. My due date was the 8th. Finally at 9am on the 2nd they called me and we headed to the hospital.
Hung in for a while, got epidural, they broke my water. Nancy and Courtney were in attendance. We actually had a pretty good time hanging out in there, haha. Mollie finally arrived at 10:11pm!
Then they put her on the scale.
What did you say?
9lbs?
Good thing I was laying down. Might have passed out. Sydney was 7lb. 1oz.
2nd babies are apparently MUCH easier to deliver.

Sydney met her the next day and our favorite memory is when she kept pointing to the bassinet in the room and saying "put her back in" every time Mom or I was holding her. Poor girl. She was 6 weeks shy of her 2nd birthday and had no idea what had just happened to her world! Now I'm sure she'd say she wouldn't have it any other way. At least 75% of the time;)

My precious little Moo with the best marshmallow cheeks around!


I had to put this picture. Mollie at 6 months old. Notice what she's drinking out of. This was our compromise in the "Hell no I'm not drinking out of that bottle even if it's shaped like a fake boob" battle.

Mollie at one! Blogger is not letting me load the Mollie at 2 picture. Not sure why.


This morning talking to Daddy on the phone! She's 3!

Ugh, I feel old. Time should not go by this fast!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Mollie! (1 day late) I can't believe she is 3 already. I can remember the day she was born--how fast time flies.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll ever forget that first moment I saw Moo, her eyes wide open from the moment she was born! That was an awesome day!

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

Happy Birthday Mollie! She is so adorable! I'm sure I will be at 3 with Lily before I know it too!