I've been having a hard time lately with the fact that things that seem like they were "just a few years ago" were like....7. I have no idea who I got to the place where I have a 4 year old! I just don't feel that old! Yesterday I took the girls to Chickfila to eat lunch. I was tired, didn't feel good (sinus infection and no voice at all) and didn't feel like coming home, making lunch, then cleaning it up before their naps. I had intended to just go through the drive through until I remembered that I couldn't talk. These 2 older ladies were sitting behind us and asked how old the girls were. I told them 4 and 2. She said, "you don't look old enough to have them." I whispered, "thanks! but I am." I know it's really a compliment, but I just don't think I look especially young either. Maybe my $12 wrinkle cream is working. I did get carded for buying wine at Target one day.
Nancy and I had been talking about how really, at 31 and 32, we're not old. But we're not young. I mean, don't make me feel like a teen mother, haha, but don't make me feel old either! Can't you just be in the middle? I never wanted to be middle-aged, LOL! But now I do. Anyway, I think I just make myself feel old. I guess no one else had made me feel old, people don't really tell you those things. It just surprises me when you realize how much time has passed without you really realizing it. Like I was telling someone that I had been to the dr. yesterday and have a sinus infection. So I said, "yeah, I had sinus surgery a few years ago." Scratch that, 7 YEARS AGO! Oops. I've had the tube that was in my ear for 2 years out for 5 years!! No wonder the system is shutting down!
This also means I will have been married for 7 years in October. (At least that also went by fast and didn't ddrrrrraaaaagggg on, that woudl be a bad sign;)
But I still really picture myself and like a 25 year old. I think that was a good age. I'll just be 25+6!
On another note, Sydney is having a "green lunch" at school today for St. Patrick's Day since they didn't have school yesterday. I can't wait to see if she ate any of it. Maybe the green pancakes, but I had already fed her pancakes for breakfast, oops. She starts Spring Break on Thursday so this will be the last day of school for a while. I guess she goes back in 2 weeks! That's a long break (for me). I think they're talking about Easter when she goes back to school. Wish me luck getting any of those precious St. Patrick's Day shirts away from her.
This afternoon we have an Easter party and egg hunt with our Wed. playgroup friends. Maybe I'll have some cute pictures!
We close on the beach house Thursday morning and will be spending the whole weekend at the beach! Wish us luck, lots of work to do and $$ to spend I'd imagine!
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment