Tuesday, March 4, 2008

some updates this Tuesday

I'm not very original on my post titles:) Sydney got to be the line leader at school today so she was very happy. Even though it took me FOREVER to get her out the door to school. She had on shorts, a t-shirt and very messy hair. I was just trying to get her to pick up cards in the kitchen. Some little playing cards she got in her Chuck-E-Cheese goody bag. She would not pick them up. So finally I picked them up and put them in the trash. Every last one of them and her fancy plastic goody bag. I was ticked. I knew she wouldn't miss them, but I think she got the point. She finally got her jeans on and let me brush her hair. Luckily it was warm out so she could wear one of her St. Patrick's Day t-shirts (obsession of hers, she has 3).
Over the weekend she got to take Flitter the butterfly home from school. It's a butterfly beanie baby with a journal and you get to write what you did with Flitter over the weekend. When you bring Flitter back you get to be the line leader. And then you come home with a little note about your school progress. Sydney is doing better with center time. She was having some issues with either wanting to stay in the same center the whole time or flying from center to center b/c she was so interested in what everyone else was doing rather than getting anything done! She's also been sharing and will cooperate when her teachers ask her to do something else without arguing, whining, attitude, etc. I really like her teachers. They're really awesome. And her preschool in general is just very, very good. I really just picked it b/c it's at our church so I'd be able to get them in easily. I really wasn't as concerned with the program itself academically or anything b/c I wanted it to really be more of a social experience. But anyway, it's extremely child centered, professional, and they mean business! It's amazing what they get 3 year olds to do!

Now I'm off to check my e-bay auctions b/c I just got an email that said I sold an outfit of Mollie's from last year for $36 that I only paid like $20 for in the store! Holy crap!

0 comments: