Tuesday, May 5, 2009

a little behind

The Peak Fest Saturday was great! We had a nice time walking around downtown. Mollie's performance was delayed by about 30 min. and I'm so sorry/ thankful to all the people who thought they were going to step in and watch a 15 min. dance performance and instead waited for 30 min. for a 10 min. show! Our friends James and Michele, Kim and Joshua and family, Jessica and the Wright family (slowly becoming too many names to write, haha), and Jennifer and Andy and kids all came to watch. Not to mention my parents:)


Saturday night I helped out at the preschool Bunko and Baskets fundraiser party. It was really fun! We won a basket last year, but I was at the beach scrapbooking so I wasn't there. It was really neat to be there this year playing/helping with the bunko and refilling snacks and getting to see who won lots of prizes and one of 12 amazing baskets. This is the only preschool big fundraiser and they usually make $6-7,000 I think. It was BYOB and there were lots of older folks there so it was cute to see them walking around with their coolers, wine glasses and bottles, etc. Catholics know how to party in the fellowship hall all to benefit the preschool! I ended up being there from 6-11:30 and I was wiped out! Seriously exhausted.
Sunday morning I had the nursery, haha, so I was right back there by 9:15am.
Yesterday and today we've been running around like crazy people. This afternoon the girls had their first swimming lesson. Mollie did not do well. Sydney did great. But I think I should have done something else with Mollie. We'll see after Thursday. I could hear her screaming in the lobby. I was trying to hang back and thought if I wasn't in there she would do better. But no. The strange girl trying to get her to blow bubbles did not go over well. To say the least. Now I'm starting a swimming ticket program. They each get 3 tickets at the end of the lesson if they listen, do their stuff, etc. I'll make it up as I go along. But they get to trade the tickets in for a Barbie prize at the end of the 8 sessions. I'm hoping seeing Sydney get them for today and the incentive of them on Thursday helps Mollie some. We'll see.
Tonight we had a tornado warning. It was pretty scary. The sky was all dark. But it blew by thank goodness.

Here are some pics I've taken recently. I got a new camera. Did I mention that? It's nice, Phil surprised me with an early mother's day present last week b/c he couldn't wait. Too excited.
Peak fest:


Oh, we got a free train set from someone who was getting rid of it. My friend Jeannie knew Mollie loved to play with trains so she secured it for me, haha. Phil had a good time setting it up and Sydney helped. They love it. I'm sure the newness will wear off soon, but right now it's great! Oh, and Sydney has become such a poser! And I don't where that lower right shadow came from. Me I guess:)


1 comments:

Jen said...

HA...Katie is into posing, too! Like Sharpay from High School Musical...insert eye roll here...suddenly she needs to be dressed in "fashion" and pose like Sharpay...um...yeah....