Today was the last day of preschool for the girls. I still get teary-eyed thinking about it. I get so emotional so easily. I thought it had gotten better. I mostly made it through Sydney's little song performance in the Church and the ice cream social and giving her teachers the gifts. When the director talked about them going off to Kindergarten I almost lost it. They don't do a graduation ceremony like a lot of preschool b/c not all of them go. They have a 5 day transition class there that some kids go to. And even more so this year because of the K entry date changing this year from Oct. 16-Aug. 31. So there are kids in the 4's classes who have to wait another year.
(which as a kindergarten teacher I was pumped about)
So then I go to get Mollie in the middle of the ice cream party b/c they dismiss at 12:15. The director was in with Ms. Maria and Ms. Caroline and I was saying goodbye and I just started bawling! Well, not bawling, just uh, crying. I'm such a loser! I know that they think Mollie is really special though since they've had her 2 years and her one teacher made her those dresses! I told them we'll come back by to visit next year and I might sub for them. I hope I can. Betsey, they director, said she would ask me. She asked me to work there, but I said maybe the next year;) I think I would actually. It would be fun! So maybe that will be my next job after I become the happiest laid off WCPSS employee in the county:)
Okay, so that brings me to our 1pm pediatrician appt. at 1pm. I had decided to take them in today and get their lingering coughs checked out. Sydney then said right before school that her ear hurt. Well she has an ear infection and MOllie has a double and I had no idea! Mollie still swears her ear doesn't hurt. I was going to wake her up from her nap to go to her new swim class that just started Monday. But then I thought, why would I do that? Why would I wake her up when her body obviously needs the rest--to take her to something she obviously seriously dislikes:)??
Backing up, I switched her to a level 1 class which meets on M/W afternoons since she would do nothing in the level 2. She still did nothing, but I did manage to get her to sit on the side with her feet in. So I called and talked to the program director and said look, she's sick, we're not coming, but we just started in this class and that was after the failed level 2 class so I don't want you to think we're not coming back. She has just managed to get pink eye and an ear infection all during the course of this swimming session that. she. hates. Sigh. Do we even bother to go back next week? I guess we'll see. I don't want to give into her swimming lesson hating self either. So we'll probably go.
Sydney, on the other hand, is a great swimmer and it's a good thing b/c it's cost me a fortune running over to the Triangle Aquatic Center now 4 times a week b/w the 2 of them. Her class is Tu/Th.
We're going to the lake for Memorial Day weekend, this weekend I guess. I think we all need a vacation! I'm just glad we caught the EI's before heading up to the mountains!
11 years ago
2 comments:
You crack me up saying Mollie "failed" out of the 2's class...lol.
Oh I meant like as in a failed attempt at the 2's class, not like she failed it, haha. I guess that might be the same...
Post a Comment