Wednesday, February 20, 2008

last few days

We've had a pretty busy last few days. Monday we actually stayed home all day (which is rare) and had a house guest... Chase! His daycare was closed for the holiday so he hung out with us. He's such a cute little bug. Feeding him bottles is so strange sometimes since Mollie was so anti-bottle, haha. And he's such a funny eater. He turns his head around all the time and you have to chase his mouth around with it. It's fun to snuggle him though and the girls love having him around. I'm so glad that the little cousins will get to grow up together. I told Nancy he was trying to get me to watch him more b/c he was so good!

Tuesday Sydney was out of school for a work day, but Mollie had it b/c she missed on a snow day when Sydney just had a delay. So her MMO made it a weather make up day. So Sydney and I went to a play date at our friend Tracy's house with our Wed. baby steps playgroup. It was chilly out, but we played out side, the kids played t-ball, and we had a pizza lunch. They were hilarious playing t-ball. It was so cute. But Sydney didn't run the bases which was EXACTLY what I did when I was little. My mom was the coach and had to run the bases with me. I was the 3rd base coach though so she ended up helping me with the high-fives. Then we picked Mollie up, gave her some pizza, and had some good naps. Oh and Nancy and Travis came back over for dinner since I had made a big batch of soup and then they went to visit some friends who had just had a baby. And why anyone would not want Chase around I'm not sure, but the hospital didn't, so he hung out with us again for a bit. Phil finally got to play with him some more. They're tight now. He takes a pacifier so Phil was quite comfortable. Mollie was also anti-paci!

Last week Sydney didn't nap Wed. or Thurs. and I was so afraid she was dropping her nap. I know I'm spoiled that she even continues to take a nap at 4, but hey, we're hanging on for dear life. She has slept every day since Friday though. Until today....ugh, which is odd b/c Wednesdays are one of our busiest days. She has gymnastics at 9:30 on Wed. then we meet our playgroup at Planet Child until around lunch time and about half the time we go out to lunch. Today we went to Bean and Bagel right around the corner from our house. It was good despite several order screw ups today. Anyway, we ate with my friend Jennifer and her kids Matthew and Lindsay. They're some of our favorite people to hang out with. Matthew and Sydney had MMO together last year and are in the same class this year--that's where we met them. Lindsay is just a few months younger than Mollie and they will be together in the 2's MMO next year. Jennifer invited us to join their Wed. babysteps playgroup last year and it's such a fun group of people. Matthew and Sydney are really tight and even got "caught" kissing during circle time at school.
ANYWAY, Sydney would not take a nap today, grrr...but after naps we met Nancy and Chase at the mall b/c Phil is out with clients and Travis was coming home late too. We did a little looking around, rode the carousel and had dinner at the food court. I got the girls home and gave them baths and got them right into bed! I am exhausted!

Tomorrow the girls have school and I am going to my ENT to try to figure out if my allergies are bad already or if my sinus issues I've had since Sydney's birthday are still not better. I've had 2 antibiotics and steriods since then and still am having issues. So I'm thinking it's allergies at this point. My adult-life-long sinus/ear/allergy story would be a blog within itself, haha.

0 comments: