Since Laura reminded me I didn't blog about the lake last weeekend here we go. All the things I forgot. And I forgot that I never updated the preschool situation for Mollie.
The fact that the preschool director called me last week (Wed. I think) to offer me a spot at this other preschool at a Lutheran church totally threw me for a loop. I was just hanging out with my friend Dawn and the twins while the girls played with her Ava and the phone rang and I answered it b/c I saw that the caller ID said RL Church. I was like, oh wow!
Back in like Feb. around registration time when I was pissed off that Mollie didn't get into the 3 day 3's class at our church preschool I put her on the waiting list at RLS. We have a bunch of friends whose kids go there/have gone there. I found out from talking to them that they had a 3/4 class which is basically older 3's/young 4's. I was interested in this for Mollie not only b/c it was 3 days a week, but she is an older, mature 3 year old. Then we'll insert a little angst at the fact that some kids got into the 3 day class at our church who are not yet 3 and won't be until right before school starts and are struggling to be potty trained so they can meet that requirement. And then the fact that the director was not able to work with us on opening another 3 day 3's class when there were 12 kids in the class and 19 on the waiting list. It was lottery, I knew that going in. But after having 2 years of Mom's Morning Out 2 days a week (call me a spoiled parent), I feel like and everyone else who knows her, even her MMO teachers, have said wow, she really needs 3 days. She's a smart cookie, well-adjusted, loves to learn, etc. And she'll be 4 Dec. 2nd. 3 months after preschool starts.
So after visiting the school, getting the prices and realizing it's the same price as the 2 day program at our church, they have science class every week, the director was awesome, Mollie liked it there and it's 3 days and she would know some people....I decided to take it and switch her preschool. And lose the money I had already paid in registration and first month's tuition at our current preschool! The good thing was that Phil was totally supportive of doing it and didn't care at all about the money. Which is unusual;)
When I taught I always said oh, 2-3 days a week when she's 4 will be fine to prepare her for K. It would be. My goal is not preparing her for K. She's go now if I let her. It's the social and exposure to all kinds of stuff that is the motivator.
But anyway, I forgot to mention my near nervous break down about taking her out of our current preschool and the families that we know there. Specifically my friend Jennifer and Mollie's bff Lindsay! Ugh! They will now be on opposite days and I feel like I've intentionally thrown this big wrench in things. I am now convinced, and she was helped me realize, haha, that it's not like we'll never see each other again:)
Looking at the big picture and now I'm really excited about it. Phew!
Thursday after our school tour we left for the lake for the 4th. We have gone every year for the 4th of July since I can remember dating Phil. Especially since we got our own camper there. We got there a little later than we'd planned b/c of my preschool visit and I forgot so many things b/c I was a nervous wreck. I am a very laid back person and don't get all in a tizzy very often so b/c I did, it threw us all off!
Friday the weather was kind of blah, cloudy and cool, probably 70 degrees! The only other family there was Phil's uncle Tommy and his aunt Gayle so we hung out with them some and decided to go into Mountain City, TN (the closest real town, about 25 min) and have lunch and go to Fred's. Ever been to Fred's? Phil calls it's Walmart's illegitimate son. Always a good time at Fred's. We ate at a Mexican place for lunch that was very good. I'm a little sketchy of small town strip mall Mexican, but it was delish. Phil's aunt and uncle did some grocery shopping, we got a milk shake at Hardees and headed back to the lake. The sun came out briefly, but no swimming. Did get a boat ride in though. That night we celebrated Phil's Dad's (pawpaw) birthday. He's 67 now! He's our "caretaker" at the lake since he lives so close by. He lives in Mtn. City actually now.
Saturday the weather was beautiful, we hung out with Phil's cousin Michael and his wife Mary and daughter Grace (love them) rode down to watch the house boat parade they do every year which was very cool, down toward the middle of the lake. That evening Phil's brother David, his wife Angela and the cousins Olivia and Emma came. We cooked out a nice big July 4th dinner and when dark was rolling around Sydney put on Phil's old iPod and listened to her music so the fireworks wouldn't bother her. That lasted about 30 min. until major freak out ensued. She's still really afraid. She ended up in Michael and Mary's camper during them and then we ran them back to our camper at 10pm when it was still going. Next year=not going. We can leave the morning of. I'm not going to the lake or beach and surrounding her with that again. Awful! I hope she grows out of that, but she's 5, thought that would happen by now.
Phil got both girls on the jetski:)Emma, Mollie, Olivia, Sydney and Grace
It was a good weekend, but not the best weather.
1 comments:
Katie has always loved the fireworks, but then this year she hated them, wanted to go home, and rolled herself up in the blanket we brought to sit on...sigh...at least Ben loves them...ha. GIRLS!
Post a Comment