Monday, November 24, 2008

nerdy

I hope the girls get our nerdy genes.
Sunday at MacGregor for lunch they bring out Sydney's plate and she says, "I really don't like these octagon plates they use." We haven't talked about shapes in a long time. Maybe they are at school.
Mollie tonight at the gym looking up at the key rack: "Daddy, those keys over there are very similar to yours." It was an Acura key. She recognized the symbol on it.
Mollie also said tonight during dinner that Cinderella was a mommy, "just like you mommy". I said, "she is? to who", and she said "she is like a mommy to the mice!" Duh.

Speaking of nerdy, Phil is really an electronics guy if you didn't know. He loves to look through the weekly ads on Sunday morning and see what's out there. I think he memorizes them. If you need something call him at like 10am on Sunday and he'll tell you where it is the cheapest without looking. I guess along with this comes his interest in money. Saving money, earning money, saving money, me not spending money, etc. I won't call him cheap. We'll say frugal. We got a new tv for the living room a few weeks ago. My only problem is that a new tv was still "necessary", but he doesn't want to pay $300 for the new Christmas tree I want after finally conceeding to the artificial when I've had real all my life. But I digress.

Anyway, we bought the tv from Best Buy and it was an open box. At the time it was $300 less than the current sale price. Well this week it went on sale for $100 less than we paid for it for a brand new one. We were out Christmas shopping yesterday evening so we went into Best Buy. Phil had his receipt and wanted to see if he could get $100 back for a price adjustment since technically he could return ours and get a new one cheaper. Which would be a huge hassle and we wouldn't really do. The girl was very nice (maybe not very smart) and said that we could return it if we wanted to, but to save the work that that would be she would just give us 10% back because that's what they would mark the return down for as an open box item on the floor. Yeah, I guess just crediting us $100 was not an option. So instead she credited us $330, haha.
And then I still did not get my Christmas tree! I WILL have it by next weekend...stay tuned;)

0 comments: