Wednesday, August 19, 2009

counting

Sydney has been getting really good at counting lately and just identifying numbers. She can count past 100 and identify most 2 digit numbers now. The other night she was reading a sting of numbers like 35, 93, etc. And for 25 she said twoty-five. It cracked her up b/c she knew immediately it wasn't right and was supposed to be twenty, haha! And then the yesterday she said onety-nine for nineteen, but I think she was just trying to be funny that time. Very cute!
She's just been doing awesome in school. Sounding out words to write is so amazing! She's getting really great at it and it makes me tear up. Not only to see her do it, but to see teacher comments on the papers she brings home. She tries to sound out words to read and knows several sight words. When she tracks back in I'm going to be volunteering on Wednesdays during their writer's workshop time and I can't wait. It also backs up to her lunch time so I'm hoping to stay for lunch on some of those days. Mollie will be in preschool then and since there shouldn't be any holidays on Wednesdays I should be free. I'm also going to be volunteering for their character education program. Parents come in once a month and read a selected story and lead a discussion about it. That starts in Sept. too I think.

I'm enjoying having Sydney home so far! But it has only been 3 days, haha. We went to the pool this morning for a while and that made her very happy. Next Tuesday afternoon it's back to the beach!

0 comments: